The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anthony's Full Build/Mods thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
Looking forward to the results of the radiator. I'm still on the fence about it. I have the watson enclosure to put on along with the front bar.

Looking forward to the results of the radiator. I'm still on the fence about it. I have the watson enclosure to put on along with the front bar.

So far, drove all day and not a single leak and temps were normal. I will get hard data once I get the car on a track. I used distilled water and two water wetter bottles and bled teh system with my own pneumatic vacuum that connects to compressor. Just made a seal plug and turned it on for 5 minutes. It's teh same one used for brake bleeding you find on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013WKCKW...2934&sr=sr-1&keywords=pneumatic+brake+bleeder

Anyone extend the brake cooling ducts connection on the lower fascia? They are short as hell and getting a hose clamp on there is a pain. I am thinking about getting some ABS pipe and extending like 2 inches. I know they were made for fog lights, but what retarded person design that?

Anyone extend the brake cooling ducts connection on the lower fascia? They are short as hell and getting a hose clamp on there is a pain. I am thinking about getting some ABS pipe and extending like 2 inches. I know they were made for fog lights, but what retarded person design that?

I have not extended the connection on the lower fascia. Looking at your avatar, I assume you either have a 2011 or 2012. I usually pop the fog light cover out of the lower fascia, attach the hose, and tighten the clamp. This is the only way I seem to be able to get the hose on with a secure connection.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I have not extended the connection on the lower fascia. Looking at your avatar, I assume you either have a 2011 or 2012. I usually pop the fog light cover out of the lower fascia, attach the hose, and tighten the clamp. This is the only way I seem to be able to get the hose on with a secure connection.
I use the same method.
Also, I wrapped the last 1/2" or so of the "fog light tube" with gaffer tape on the exterior, to give the hose clamp a ridge to secure against (or at least provide some friction vs. the smooth plastic).

I have the Boss lower fascia,so yeah, popping it out is the current way to do it for sure. I will add some gaffer tape. I will certainly figure something out and post pictures. I am very McGyver'ish. Why in the hell did they not make it just one inch longer? Jesus!

As for Willow, no. Watts link not here yet and coil overs coming on Tuesday. I am hoping to get it done for NASA the next weekend to do HPDE. We shall see. With the waiting on parts and my screwed up arm (although 1000% better already), I have not been able to do much to get the car in track form. I have racing brakes and tires on now. I suppose I can just go to NASA with whatever I get put on by next weekend. Surely though, the coil overs are the most important thing IMHO and probably not worth going without them installed. I will probably just show up anyway to meet people. I am not sure if towing it out there will be worth it though.

So, swapped out K member and front a-arms. I reinforced both with welded gussets and some more tubing. Still lighter than stock, but I calculate (I am pretty good at math and used a program as well) the strength and rigidity is better than stock. Hope I'm right. Also installed QA1 bumpsteer.

I have to say this was the biggest pain in the ass doing alone and with a cast. Tomorrow, I am going to square up the front end and install. I am hoping to then get to the rear end and do the 13.8 brakes, axle breather EVAP delete and vent gas tank. Got all new bearings, seals, c-clips, etc. Also, I have my tow loop and some attachment points for splitter supports. I will post some pics of that installed tomorrow. I made the front bumper support from scratch. I think it came out well. Here are pictures of them after painting. Put them on with pics tomorrow.

IMG_0223.JPGIMG_0224.JPGIMG_0226.JPGIMG_0227.JPGIMG_0229.JPGIMG_0230.JPGIMG_0232.JPGIMG_0233.JPGIMG_0235.JPGIMG_0236.JPG

Nice work. I look forward to hearing about the results on track soon.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Very nice indeed. Looks like your making real progress. K-Members are tough to do with 2 good arms let alone having one in a cast.

OBTW, when is that cast scheduled to come off?

Good luck with the rest of your build, your going to have once she is done.
302 Hi Pro

So, finished installing front control arms, squared the car up, got an alignment. Also, installed painted bumper bar, tow loop and the attachment points I made for the splitter rods. I have attachment points on the bumper bar but also made some for right by the turn signals so I will have 4 support rods.

Driving it home with the k member and the a-arms with spherical bearings and delrin motor mounts, it was like a different car. The front end was solid as a rock. No play and you can feel every little vibration. For me, NVH is a good thing!

I can't wait to do the rear and for the damn coil overs to get here.IMG_0237.JPGIMG_0239.JPGIMG_0240.JPGIMG_0241.JPGIMG_0242.JPGIMG_0243.JPGIMG_0245.JPG

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Nice job on the K-member. I have BMRs and it's stout but your's looks even stronger. The BMR was 20 pounds lighter than the OEM.

Curious as to what you're going to do to keep the tranny fluid cool? I know with the BMR you cannot bolt on the FRPP tranny cooler scoop and BMR has no solution. Would you fab one or are you considering another solution?

I am going to fab something up. It would not be hard at all to make a scoop and weld in a bracket. I am going to make a splitter that goes all the way to the K member and then I will have a large duct behind that but I have not designed it up, so to speak, yet.

Nice work Anthony...weather was great out at Willow Springs this weekend.
I can only painfully imagine!!! I don't think i will make Fontana either. Coil overs come in Wednesday and with work, i can't become somewhat track ready until after this weekend. I would like to make Willow on 27th or Fontana on 3rd and 4th of June. Hope to see you there.

Plus, girlfriend working all weekend which means I can work on the car all weekend. ;)

BTW, how do you make headlight and turn signal blanks to remove them? Not yet completely ready for that, but curious. And what are the rules on taillights. Can you have a single LED like other race cars? Again, curiosity.

TMO Supporting Vendors