The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anticipated production figures and years of production

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Does anyone have any info on GT350 and GT350R production numbers and anticipated years of production?

My best guess is a minimum of 5,000 350's and only 500 350R's each for the first two years. Ford plans to make the 350's for several years beyond the first two years but it's undetermined on the R. The wheels are the wild card on the R. Jim Owens made it clear to me that Ford did give specific years and numbers on the Boss but not the 350 for a reason. The 350 will be very similar to the 2007 GT500 production length and quantity.

REAL 1

So total of 10,000 GT350's and 1000 Rs over a two year run?

This will make the R unobtainium for most as dealers will add on huge ADMs. At least 15K or more. :mad:

I would have thought about 5000 per year on the GT350 and 1500 per year on the R for a 4 year run. If the carbon wheels become difficult they could opt for another light whee and continue production.

8)

REAL 1

Got it. I just can't imagine not continuing R production each year also even if they have to substitute wheels.

What does the CF wheel weigh?

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
REAL 1 said:
This, I hope, so I can get in during year 3 or 4.

And hopefully that far into the run any ADM frenzy has died down, due to the Mach 1 or GT 500 or whatever act follows the GT350 being announced.

REAL 1

The frenzy will be terrible for a while and plays right into dealers hands.

Remember ADMs on Shelby GTs, GT500s, Boss 302s?

Gt350= $65k to $70k

Gt350R = $75k(if your lucky) to $85k maybe more.

My take. Ford did a great job on the pricing but inexplicably is turning them over to the stealerships without any directive or ADM restrictions.

Ford understood the issue clearly with the new FGT.

Chrysler also became upset with their dealers putting heavy markups on the Hellcat and is said to be ramping up production considerably. Maybe Ford will follow suit since this is supposed to be a 4 year run car.

On the bright side..helps Boss 302s maintain value in the short term. Long term Boss values will hold or rise as a collectable. My take .

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
First, let me say, Other than Ford, who really knows for sure?

Just my opinion, but I suspect that demand will be the ultimate trump card on Shelby GT350 production. If there is demand that will maximize Ford's ROI, they will make them. Especially considering the automotive market right now. New vehicle sales records now being set most every month, and SAAR's estimates by some exceed 18m for 2015, 16 and 17. I've seen some estimates by industry analysis that envision a steady growth of new car sale that could peak in 2017/18 at 20m. After that these same analysis to predict a decline, with some predicting a sharp decline. (Side Bar: Fed CAFE requirements takes a jump in this year, so a shift to smaller more efficient cars?)

But again, the above is all estimates and there are many variables, but right now higher sales are fueled by low interest rates, cheap gasoline and decent job numbers. However we have seen, and will continue to see this demand drive the average transaction prices higher.

All things considered, the 2017 MY Sold Order demand will be one component to help Ford to gauge true market demand that may influence future production levels.

Don't misunderstand, Ford will always match production levels to demand on this car to maintain its pricing structure. They may even increase production a bit to help control excessive ADM's. Ford Management are Masters at this game and I'm confident they will use both future production levels and product price increases to ensure maximum ROI.

Remember Ford used the 2015 MY GT350 production to achieve all of the historic milestones of GT350 production, so I don't believe this consideration remains in play.

Then, there is the export market to consider in future years production of the car.

One thing I think we can all agree on is this, The GT350 is now, and will continue to be one of Ford's highest grossing, (margin), vehicles offered while production last.

I also believe that at some point, perhaps in the last year of production, Ford will produce enough GT350's to trickle down to the low volume Mustang Dealerships, and before it's all over most will be able to purchase a GT350 at MSRP.

Again, just another opinion without the aid of a crystal ball!

Hopefully for those who have current special orders for the car, Ford will begin shipping and you will soon take delivery of your unit.

All the Best,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel