The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Antigravity RS-30 RESTART Car Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have heard 2 reports from customers that had issues with the “restart” tech fighting the car’s own voltage protection system. In both cases they switched to the normal ATX12 size without ‘restart’ circuitry and proceeded as planned. We make a mount for the ATX12 and I was planning to redesign the top hold-down for the newer style but I have put that plan on hold since the report of the issues.

I can give you some insight as I am one of those who drained my Antigravity battery (the 780amp ATX-12) and had to send the thing back to California for a warranty decision. I left my key in the on position overnight and had absolutely no power. My standard lithium charger would not charge it so I ended up buying a $160 Opti charger that can tell you if your battery can be brought back to life. Mine could not. Although the company said that's your fault and the warranty is voided they were very supportive and told me to send it back to them. I had purchased one of the custom Antigravity battery mounts for the SN197 from Morris Engineering and I think the guy from Antigravity was really liking my whole set-up and didn't want to disappoint me. Either way, they got the battery to charge again and it's on the way back to me. The Restart technology supposedly is not compatible with our ignition system (read the disclaimer on the website) but the rep said they are working on a fix or you can have the feature turned off via a tuner but I have no idea how that can happen. The battery worked beautifully when it was charged....even after sitting for several days.

Can't comment on lifespan yet or the weight savings (about 25 lbs I would guess so not bad)but the extreme importance of keeping the battery from draining at all costs has me wondering if the weight savings was worth the investment. Between the battery, Morris Engineering mount and charger I'm in to this little project to the tune of about $700. If it does last twice as long then it was a wise investment. At least the mount looks cool and you get quite a bit of extra room.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Yeah but going to the trunk is a ballasting decision to aid in balance, right?

Yes. Sorry I did not clarify my earlier post. My thinking is that because the AntiGravity battery is so light it would save you time/hassle running heavy cables all along the passenger side and placing the battery in the trunk. By using an ultralight battery up front (regardless of brand but with similar weight) that allows you to control the amount and type ballast which would be more precise for corner balancing.

I still like battery relocation, especially if the desire is to use a more traditional battery, but with these new ultralight batteries it provides more options depending on someone’s needs.

Just got my ATX12-24 back and it's fully charged again! It will stay outside the car for now on the charger until next season. I'm not taking any chances.

No charge......except for shipping that is. They were actually pretty decent about the whole thing. I still wonder what they would have done if the battery wasn't salvageable. But the rep was supportive and they really felt bad about the whole thing so I have nothing bad to say about the company. In fact, I'm pretty charged up about the whole transaction :)

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
I am curious what battery tender you are going to use? I know the lithium batteries are pretty particular and that Anti-Gravity sells a large variety. Curious to know what you were recommended and what you decided upon.

TMO Supporting Vendors