The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any blown boss engines yet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mine being replaced due to oil consumption,burning 1 1/4 quarts every 900 miles so ford is pulling motor,tasca in cranston is doing install does anyone know how long the process takes they said about 10 days,also what's the breaking in process with new motor slow or rapid Roma runs,first time I drove lk a old lady for first 1000 so that didn't work

when you have a defect in the motor it dose not matter how you broke it in. If something is wrong its going to surface. I would still break it in the same way Ford says to in the manual. Best of luck with your replacement engine. Was this a 12?

1006213_544411645619281_1210493363_n.jpg

And another. From Alec Udell's Facebook page:

Alec was p3 in 2nd practice but will miss qualifying due to valve spring failure resulting in a blown motor. Bummer but it will be a good show with the MDG/Watson Racing Boss 302 starting in the rear for race 1 tomorrow morning.

That's the second engine I know of with that particular failure. Both were used in racing.

TMO Supporting Vendors