The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any body try a Dunlop D03G tire before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Oh well, I jumped in and bought me a set. Cross the pond they seem to be the top of the semi slicks. Cost about 40% less then a set of R7s and should last longer. Fingers crossed. Down side is they are 295/30-18, not much diameter!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Will do, was a little disappointed in the Conti GT-I. only 5 days so far and they probably only have one more left in them. My old Nitto 555II lasted 12 events and were only a tad slower.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just a update. these 295/30-19 Dunlops are huge, I measured a tread width of 310mm!! I was worried about "down sizing" from my 305/660-18 conti GT-I's but it turned out to be the other way round!! The Contis only measured a optimistic 295mm. Maybe thats why they were not that fast?

Will try them on the track next month after I ring the last event out of my slicks.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I just had to share this pic of my "narrow" 295/30-18 Dunlops on the right and my "wide" 305/660-18 contis on the left!

Conti%20vs%20Dunlop_zpshs2qkppu.jpg

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I hope to have them mounted up by the end of the month, still have some life in the contis. Have the cortex offset struts so should be ok. I hope..., if not have some spacers handy!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Tires fit fine with no rubbing and actually liked the short gearing and quick turn in.. My times were almost exactly the same for DZ03 semis and the GT-I conti slicks when new. But I did change may clutch and gear box so that might make the times not really comparable. Felt very good and the wear was better then expected.

Good deal. Are those mounted on the 18x10 SVE Drifts? If so imagine what they'd be like on 10.5 or 11.0" wide wheels.

TMO Supporting Vendors