The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any Boss owners going for the 2013 GT 500?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just wondering if any of you gentlemen or ladies with disposable cash are thinking seriously of moving to or adding a GT 500 to your stable? Reading articles with stuff like this sure makes it tempting:

"Debuting at the Chicago Auto Show this month was the 2013 Shelby GT500 convertible, a car that shares the formidable hardware of its coupe counterpart.And it's pretty heady stuff.

That hardware includes a new, 5.8-liter aluminum V-8 supercharged to an asphalt-liquefying 650 hp and 600 lb.-ft. of torque, all channeled to the rear wheels via a six-speed manual transmission. Those power specs not only better the 2012 Shelby GT500's 5.4-liter V-8 by an astounding 100 hp and 90 lb.-ft. of grunt, they also give this 2013 Shelby the most powerful regular-production V-8 on the planet.

As if that weren't enough, this Shelby, in both coupe and convertible form, is offered with a new Performance Package that provides Bilstein electronic dampers, manufactured to SVT specs, that allow the driver to choose his or her preferred level of suspension damping — stiff or ouch."

To all that, those who opt for the coupe can add the ultimate in racing prep: a Track Package that adds an external engine oil cooler, rear differential cooler and transmission cooler to help prevent components from overheating under high-speed, long-duration driving. It all adds up to a heck of a fun day of rented track time.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/classifieds/transportation/reviews/ford-mustang-shelby-gt-drop-top-joins-coupe-as-ultimate/article_dc823e9d-59da-5a4a-b7d6-f8fa2240fdc9.html#ixzz1n9OLPH7n

It's all pretty sexy but for me I'm shying away from a forced induction machine. I'm hoping a lot of the features and technology in the '13 GT500 will be part of the 50th anniversary Mustang that will hopefully have a high HP N/A engine. I'm saving my '07 GT500 as a trade on that one ;D

Although the 2013 gt500 looks like it would be fun. It would get me into way too much trouble, So I'm happy with just my Boss.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Nope, funding already allocated for other things in the next few years. I'd be interested in picking one up 5-10 years down the road as a cool cruiser.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I asked my friend who's had a '95 R, an '03 Terminator with 650 hp, currently has a 2010 GT500 and #0029 Boss if he would get rid of the GT500 to get the new one. He said he's doing too much to the Boss to make it an even better track car that he can't afford to get the 2013 GT500. Plus he has to feed his addiction to the track (obviously).

Me on the other hand, think the GT500 is tempting but I love my Boss too much and I hope I can keep it for a long time.

Turns out my friend has a deposit on a 13 GT500 already. Dealer couldn't give him a price, but since he has bough 3 GT500s, a Boss and a couple Rousches and I think a Shelby or something from them, they are doing MSRP whatever it ends up being. I sent him the info on who I had do the track key yesterday, he is ordering it. I'm not sure he will want the GT500 after he tries the Boss with track key.

cloud9 said:
It's all pretty sexy but for me I'm shying away from a forced induction machine. I'm hoping a lot of the features and technology in the '13 GT500 will be part of the 50th anniversary Mustang that will hopefully have a high HP N/A engine.

Exactly my thoughts, that is why I am not looking at a 13 Boss.

I'm considering it...then I could me more aggressive in mod'ing the boss..with a primary interest in doing a proper weld-in rollbar, thus making it a 2-seater.

I guess I'm out of the loop on any plans / rumors for a 50th anniversary car...does anyone have insight there?

TMO Supporting Vendors