The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any Bosses in or near Seatle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am planning a move in 6 months to a years time and wanted to know if there was anyone else from here in the area.

I was going to move to eastern WA a couple of months ago, but work went another direction.
I checked out the tracks around that area, and the closest was on in Oregon, close to the WA border. Can't remember if any tracks were located in western WA.

Brandon302 said:
How was the car scene, also did you ever go to the track there?

I love cars but am not much into racing. I'd suggest that you look into Pacific Raceways, Bremerton Raceway, and The Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton. There are probably more that I don't know about.

Griots garage in Tacoma sponsors Caffeine and Gasoline the first Saturday of the month and attracts a lot of enthusiasts. The Triple-XXX Drive In in Issaquah has themed shows most every weekend. Also the Mustang Roundup in Bellevue is definitely worth the trip - it's huge and takes place sometime in July.

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
I am still in the area. There are a few of us around the area here. 8)

In terms of tracking, The Ridge in Shelton and Pacific Raceway in Kent are the two I have looked at track days for. PacNW Mustangs had a track day in July at Pacific as part of the Mustang Roundup in July, and I was there. Fun little track. :D

The day was run by the principal behind Turn2, http://www.turn2lapping.com/ and Tom Pritchett, and it was quite well done. He has a calendar for other days around the area he runs. Highly recommended. He has a supercharged FR500S he runs during the day too. :eek:

+1 on Triple-XXX, they do a lot of car-themed events and the burgers are pretty good too.

When you get here, shoot me an email and we can meet up somewhere.

The more and more I look in Washington the more it seems like such a better place to live than Maryland. Thanks for all the info.

Brandon302 said:
The more and more I look in Washington the more it seems like such a better place to live than Maryland. Thanks for all the info.

There are always trade-offs. In the case of western Washington the biggest are the incessant clouds and rain during the winter and cool, short summers. But as you've found, there are many upsides too.

GottaBoss said:
There are always trade-offs. In the case of western Washington the biggest are the incessant clouds and rain during the winter and cool, short summers. But as you've found, there are many upsides too.

I am sure that may get to me, though I lived in England, and that was rain and clouds everyday pretty much.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Brandon302 said:
I am sure that may get to me, though I lived in England, and that was rain and clouds everyday pretty much.

My former in-laws live in Seattle and in the 20 years my ex and I were married and visited them I never ever saw MT Ranier! Every single time I went there it was raining. I too lived in England for three years (RAF Lakenheath) and I think Seattle is worse!

Tucson302 said:
My former in-laws live in Seattle and in the 20 years my ex and I were married and visited them I never ever saw MT Ranier! Every single time I went there it was raining. I too lived in England for three years (RAF Lakenheath) and I think Seattle is worse!

I think my parents and I were near Alconbury. We will have to visit before we decide, though we are looking at Issoquah, that place looks awesome.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Brandon302 said:
I think my parents and I were near Alconbury. We will have to visit before we decide, though we are looking at Issoquah, that place looks awesome.

I actually really liked Seattle and the area just not the weather, but hey I live in the Sonoran desert! Good skiing nearby in the winter is a plus!

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Brandon302 said:
How was the car scene, also did you ever go to the track there?

The car scene is strong here, lots to do. Track time is easy, if you are in greater Seattle then Pacific raceways is just a quick trip away. Awesome track. Proformance racing school has more track time there then you can shake a stick at. The PCA and BMW clubs are strong and have lots of events (Boss's welcome)and Tom with Turn 2 has events all year long at all the local tracks.
Anyways welcome to Seattle its a awesome place to live.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
As stated above, lots of great Mustang opportunities in the greater Seattle area. If you are close to the city, come join our club. Mustangs Northwest puts on the annual Roundup event in Bellevue, with judging and a People's Choice show around the third weekend in July. The track event at Pacific Raceways is always a blast. Being able to drive the course where Ford won the 1970 SCCA TransAm championship is always special. I think we had 6 or 7 new Bosses running at the track event this July.

This year was pretty cool for Mustang owners. I was able to get both Parnelli's and George Follmer's autographs on my 1970 Boss visors. And to answer your question, there are plenty of late model Boss cars around here. I think there were nine in this photo from the 2013 Roundup:
Roundup2013_zps27a5a4d6.jpg

If you get here before December 7th, try to attend the Toys for Tots car show at the XXX Root Beer Stand (triplexrootbeer.com). If not, the first Mustang show will be in May. Shoot me an email and I'll give you some additional info.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel