The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any Canadians went down for BTA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi there, I'm just wondering if any Canadians have bought their own way to Boss Track Attack. If so what did you end up paying for the event? I have sent an email off to Miller about the cost of this but have not received anything back yet. I am wondering this as I am trying to send my dad down to the school and am trying to get an idea on what the cost would be. Any input you guys can provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I was fortunate enough to go to the Boss Track Attack in Sep, 2011. I am from Burlington, Ontario.
As far as I know, Canadians are no longer allowed to attend the BTA due to regulations put firmly in place by Ford. This was not Miller's idea, it comes straight from Ford and Ford Canada.
My wife and I went for a short holiday that we tacked on to the Track Attack program so we incurred extra expenses. You must pay your own way there (Toronto-SLC about $850 ea), pay for your own hotel (about $95-$125 per night), and you must pay for a rental car to get around (about $140 for 5 days). The dinner the night before the track session + all expenses at the track were courtesy of Ford.
BTA was an excellent program with well-experienced instructors. An excellent opportunity to test the limits of the Boss 302 (and yours) under controlled conditions.
Too bad Canadians can no longer attend!! This is a BAD move on Ford's part, especially since we pay so much more for a Boss 302 in Canada than does a US resident for the same car.
Hope this helps.

Just because you're Canadian doesn't mean you can't have fun @ MMP ;)

If you can't attend BTA consider this:

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/driving-school/ford-racing-high-performance-driving-school.html

Granted BTA is a real treat for Boss owners, but if you're willing and able you could learn A LOT more from several of the other programs offered.

Food for thought.

Ultimately what I would like to do is still attend the BTA. I am willing to pay for the schooling, which as far as I understand is what Ford covers. I am still waiting to hear something back before I start making phone calls and why I am not able to attend on my own dollar.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
azazell64 said:
Ultimately what I would like to do is still attend the BTA. I am willing to pay for the schooling, which as far as I understand is what Ford covers. I am still waiting to hear something back before I start making phone calls and why I am not able to attend on my own dollar.

I sure hope you do get the opportunity to attend. It really is an amazing experience that was thrown in on an amazing car. For the life of me I do not understand why Ford of Canada would pull the plug?

Guess I would strongly recommend calling MMP.....ask to talk to Bill Rhinehart......he runs the driving schools. Hopefully you'll have your answer quickly. I'm thinking you might not be able to attend. If Ford CA pulled the plug.....and Ford owns the Boss mustangs at the school. One of the first things Bill asked me when I booked our trip last year was the VIN #. Bill never talked about purchasing the track attack day.....only the second. We also got a confirmation email once our VIN # had been run through Ford.

I feel really bad for you.....sounds like an uphill battle. But I strongly recommend calling MMP and see if you can talk to Bill?

Wayne

Excellent, thanks for the input guys, I'll give Bill a shout hopefully later today if I get a minute. I'm certainly hoping I can somehow get into the program with a bit of a fight.

Thanks.

TMO Supporting Vendors