The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any Cooks Onboard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's everybody's plan for Thanksgiving this year?..........A full house of family?....By yourselves?......This is going to be the second yr with no turkey around here.With just me and Hon and Son being Vegan it don't make sense cooking a turkey anymore.I'll just have some shake n bake chicken breasts, stove top stuffing, collards and maybe some mashed potatoes...Heinz gravy is a given!!!!!!!! and call it a day...............then watching the Cowboys beat my Giants, of course!!......The Giants wonder year is starting to unwind!....In years past I went the whole nine yards.....Turkey, Yams, Turnips, Mashed Potatoes, Collard Greens,Corn Bread, Stuffing, Pumpkin Pie............How we fit all the left overs in the fridge, I'll never know!!!!!..........Days gone by, but not forgotten.............that includes a lot of stuff now..........................................................:shhh:

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well. my wife say I am potbellied and bald... so cutting out rice and potatoes.

Decided to try a brine on some pork, very happy with the results. Just two tablespoons of salt and two of brown suger in 2L of water.

1669048180719.png
After sitting in a brine for 4 hours... 4 lbs of pork

1669048248577.png

Grilled over a low heat for 1.5 hours.

1669048288964.png

1669048317256.png

Juicy!!!

1669048362212.png

Went well with a greek salad and an apple aioli sauce. Kind of wrecked the whole Keto theme with some beer though...

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Just got back from NOLA…OMG at the authentic creole food. It was fantastic…and hands down the absolute best rum sauce bread pudding I have ever eaten.
I have had some of the best food in NOLA. Great hospitality and nice people. There are those exceptions. You do need to know the neighborhoods before going off exploring.

I would like to have been there for the weekend of racing, food and great people. Spending time with the family instead. Next year, maybe.

TMO Supporting Vendors