The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any east coast events

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orng302 said:
Yes Pete I would agree, a shorter course should be easier to learn for someone just getting started. As for me, I enjoy LRP it is an absolute challenge to get right, something I don't do nearly as much as i'd like to. In fact I would say it is probably more of a challenge than some of the longer courses.

Limerock is a very challenging track, but it has a good flow. I had a blast there and can't wait to go back.

GA
l8te apx said:
Hooked on Driving is planning events at Lime Rock, NJMP, Pocono, NH, and more in 2013. Check their website for dates. Most will be posted within a few weeks. www.hookedondriving.com. HOD will be hosting some Roush events as well as Shelby American.

HOD Southern States region is run by a nice guy named Dave Auer (who is from CT but lives in Savannah, GA most of the year now). He runs a safe but laid back program with a lot of track time. Dave has a lot of dates booked at Roebling Road in 2013, which is decent track (not exciting enough for me to make it worth the the trip more than once a year). He just added a Feb 15 date for Road Atlanta which I plan to sign up for, two dates for AMP, and he said he was working on dates for Barber and VIR to partner with another group.

I was at the MRF night even at Pocono. That was one hell of a sunset...I took a coule pics of it myself. lol

It was pretty cool runing the north course at night but got a little sketchy due to the heacy rain. I think we had 1 session that was fairly dry though. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of evaluation of the drivers prior to being put in a run group. I was in Intermediate as I had never run that course at night. There were no instructors and there were a lot of people that had no place on a wet track at night. I will go back but will make sure to be in the Advanced group. The price is pretty good $180 I think at it was for a good cause.

MGCurry said:
Let me know sounds interesting

The organixation is Motorsports Rehabilitation Foundation - they support childrens and families seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents. I haven't seen a schedule for 2013 yet but I will post something when I do. They used Motorsportsreg.com last year. It was the first time they had ever lit the infied at Pocono for a night event. They brought in a number of portable generator lights. There were a couple dark areas but all in all it wasn't too bad - the rain added to the difficulty a bit.

KBBOSS1086 said:
The organixation is Motorsports Rehabilitation Foundation - they support childrens and families seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents. I haven't seen a schedule for 2013 yet but I will post something when I do. They used Motorsportsreg.com last year. It was the first time they had ever lit the infied at Pocono for a night event. They brought in a number of portable generator lights. There were a couple dark areas but all in all it wasn't too bad - the rain added to the difficulty a bit.

My friend said the same. He was taking it easy in the rain. I had to work but I'm definitely going this year if they run it

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel