The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any east coast events

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooked on Driving is planning events at Lime Rock, NJMP, Pocono, NH, and more in 2013. Check their website for dates. Most will be posted within a few weeks. www.hookedondriving.com. HOD will be hosting some Roush events as well as Shelby American.

HOD hasn't has any northeast events in awhile. Are they coming back? I've been using SCDA at SCDA1.com their schedule isn't available yet

HOD will be back with a bunch of events in your area. Last year was a little light, I think there were 5-7 events but this year we expect a much busier schedule. Expect it to be posted on the HOD website by Janaury. What is you favorite track?

Ive been to njmp, poconos, miller, and Limeroc. So far, Limerock is my favorite. I'm trying to get to VIR, the Glen and New Hampshire. I'll definitely add one of those to my list this year.

Which tracks do you like?

Not sure if I would call this an east coast event but Phoenix CMR's dates are posted now for Watkins Glen. The run two events there. Last year they had five Boss's at the early event which I attended. Lots of Mustangs in general. Good event. Here is there website http://phoenixcmr.com/

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
MGCurry said:
Just got my Boss and I want to fire her in anger

Njmp lime rock or englishtown???

eme5u9y5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Are you thinking road course or 1/4 mile ? Never been to Englishtown but I thought that was a dragstrip. In the Northeast you have LimeRock NJMP, Watkins Glen, NHMS, Pocono to name a few.

MGCurry said:
They have a roadcourse too I drag my 72 Torino

Yes but their road course is about a half mile short course. It would be a real cool go kart track, but it would not be fun in our cars. I ran it with an Aston Martin a few months ago

I say NJMP and Watkins Glen. LimeRock is a great historic circuit but in my opinion too short for the Boss's power and way too unforgiving if you are unlucky and make a mistake. Of course there are others, but these are the better ones within a reasonable driving distance. Oh and Summit Point in WVA. as well. I did not mention Pocono because I am not a fan of rovals though some here are, this is just my opinion.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Too short, I disagree. Granted it is my 'home' track but it hosts some very fast high powered races as well as HPDE's with guys driving twin turbo Porsche Cup cars. Unforgiving - there are sections that have a significant 'pucker factor' but I think the impression is that its worse than other larger tracks because of it's 1.5 mile size. IMO, The Glen (which I love) can be much more of a beast if you let it.

Just my $0.02. Maybe driving the LRP course for over 20 track days has given me a different perspective.

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY
PeteInCT said:
Too short, I disagree. Granted it is my 'home' track but it hosts some very fast high powered races as well as HPDE's with guys driving twin turbo Porsche Cup cars. Unforgiving - there are sections that have a significant 'pucker factor' but I think the impression is that its worse than other larger tracks because of it's 1.5 mile size. IMO, The Glen (which I love) can be much more of a beast if you let it.

Just my $0.02. Maybe driving the LRP course for over 20 track days has given me a different perspective.

My Experiance is limited but am down for anything close

PeteInCT said:

I did not say the track can't be driven in a Boss, just that there are other tracks better suited to the Boss and other high hp cars. The ALMS and Grand-AM series run their races there but I am quite sure the racers enjoy WGI and VIR more. Btw, I have over 20 races at LRP over the last 15 years so I am not unfamiliar with the course.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Everyone has their opinion and the forum appreciates you postng yours. I personally like the challenges of LRP, WG and VIR which are in themselves unique as I'm sure you are aware. What I do not want to do is let a forum member who may be new to track driving think that LRP or any small track is not appropriate for the Boss. In fact, and you may agree, I'd suggest a small track for a beginner given that there is less physical points of importance on the track to remember.

Yes Pete I would agree, a shorter course should be easier to learn for someone just getting started. As for me, I enjoy LRP it is an absolute challenge to get right, something I don't do nearly as much as i'd like to. In fact I would say it is probably more of a challenge than some of the longer courses.

MGCurry said:
My Experiance is limited but am down for anything close

NJMP and Limerock are about 2 1/2 hours away. Not a long trip. I like NJMP for the 2 day events. Best bang for the buck. Poconos (about 3 hrs) had a night event last year. My friend went but I couldn't make it. Video looked really cool. He had a blast. It's not just an oval. They bring you through the infield to make it more like a road course. If they do it again this year, I will be attending!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gl4nF0Fvmk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Check out the sunset around 1:30

TMO Supporting Vendors