The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any Forza Horizon players here yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Yup, just started playing last night. Seems like test drive unlimited with Forza polish. Did you win or buy the Boss?

Bonesaw177 = screen name

Marco !! How have you been? Good to see you're still around. I was getting worried there for a few months.. When's the next Zaino party? :D

I'll likely get the Forza game, but I can't get high speed internet even though I'm about 5 miles from Silicon Valley. ???

@CAliMR It's really good! Driving 'feel' is the same as in Forza but the concept is 'open world'. If you want you can just basically 'take a drive' for fun like you would in the real world. There's tons of different events (including crazy stuff like driving a '70 Boss 429 vs a P51 Mustang aircraft) so there's a lot of variety. Forza 4 is awesome but it's a bit 'clean' / 'clinical' at times. This one is more about the fun of driving, hooning, etc. while keeping the physics basically as good as in Forza 4.

@Fat Boss I know I haven't been around a lot. Sorry! :) Doing well! And yeah we should do a Zaino party again some time soon to prepare the cars for the winter!

@Boostd4 I downloaded the Boss (it's paid DLC) and then bought it with credits. It's the only way to get it.

You have me convinced. I'll pick it up next time I'm at the store. I never downloaded the Boss for Forza because I stopped playing before the DLC came out, but I made one out of the older GT then tweeked the motor to match ours.

I picked it up, fun game. Car selection is mediocre, probably to get people to buy the DLC, but a lot of the staples of video games are missing like the MR2. The MR2 was my favorite car in regular Forza, once I built one for each category.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I suppose I need to get Forza Horizon now. It'll give me something to do when I'm up with the baby. My XBL is ufnavy06.

I tried the demo, its Forza look with Need for Speed handling. Much more arcade like racer. So a better way to say it, Sim looks, arcade dynamics. I wasn't won over by the demo so I'm spending my time on other games at present.

As a side note: So tired of the DLC model. If I pay 60 bucks, I should get all the cars that are available. Having the game come out and already having cars and missions you can buy to add-on is asinine.

ufnavy06

askjeffro said:
As a side note: So tired of the DLC model. If I pay 60 bucks, I should get all the cars that are available. Having the game come out and already having cars and missions you can buy to add-on is asinine.

^ this.

i just picked up horizon today. if you're going to compare it to forza 4, i think you'll be disappointed as far as driving dynamics go. horizon has more an arcade feel; fun game none the less, good for killing time lol.

my gamertag's FlyingDevil666

You have to enable manual shifting with clutch and turn off ALL the assists and you'll see that the driving physics feel the same as in Forza 4. It's because... they ARE the same :p

Drive like this and you'll have a blast.

Speaking of realism: I just had a 'street race' in the Boss against a Challenger. The Challenger behaved just like in real life. In my rear view mirrors I saw him go all over the place in the corners, very much unlike the Boss... :D

x2_f49b498

iRacing is PC only right? I'm a Mac guy and a console guy so I can't play that...

I do play Gran Turismo 5 on PS3. If anyone else does too let me know.

ufnavy06

Unfortunately, the exchange here on base doesn't have the game. Not sure why. It'll take about 10 days for it to reach me if I order if off Amazon so I think I'm just going to have to wait until I get home at the end of the month.

Sesshomurai

I just started playing on xbox. gamertag Sesshomurai. I like how you can get the boss 429 in the beginning challenge. Then a Raptor later. 2 of my favorites!

So, do any of you like CLEAN races? You know, race as if it were real and the last thing you'd want is kill your car by hitting someone from behind at 100+ mph... so you'd refrain from doing that.

Even in the 'Pure Skill' category it seems it's nothing but ramming and slamming. Kind of ruins the online mode for me.

Sesshomurai

Hey, are you guys playing with difficulties turned on? I set the difficulty +55%. So don't be p*ssies by playing on easy!

But so far, I'm not good at this game...much better at real life racing. lol

TMO Supporting Vendors