The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any interest in oil cooler mount/brackets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFSBOSS said:
Can you make a lower mount that connects to the LS or Blowfish splitter bracket? Don't they mount so the same part on the car?

My car has the LS splitter bracket installed. Not sure how the BF Racing tow hook bracket is install? I can see some of the bracket on Steve's car in the other oil cooler thread. I have an idea on how to do it, but would like to make it work on all cars, with or without a splitter bracket. Will be working on it.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
06mach1 said:
Grant, what size cooler are you using or going to use?

I don't have one picked out, but probably 9 series. I'm probably keeping the Boss cooler on because I also like to run when it's cool out 30s-40s and want the factory pre-heat. ::)

Well I got the aluminum version of the upper mount welded up. Just need to drill the holes for the cooler. I think this mount will be fine on its own with a 915, 920 or 925 cooler but not so sure it would hold up with a 934 or 948. I would think they (934 & 948) would need some type of support bracket to keep the cooler from vibrating back and forth, which in turn would end up cracking the upper bracket. I have a design for the lower mount but I think it would only work with a Boss without the BFR towhook (would work with Boss with or without splitter bracket). I would be attaching the bracket to the inner bumper mounting bolts. I am sure a lower bracket could be made to attach to the towhook mount somehow. Anyone have pics of how the BFR towhook installs on the bumper mounts? Still working on price.

gmkz.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
2012-Boss said:
If a steel bracket can hold a 934 or a 948 without bottom support I would love to have one.
The Ford Racing bracket is steel and built no where as stout as Mike's. It holds the 934 in my car with minimal flex. Tension from the braided lines from my t stat to the cooler has it very rigid, there is no engine torque induced flex.
Steve

OK, I have finally come up with a price for the bracket. The bracket will be powder coated gloss black, come with ALL bolts, washers and rubber vibration cushions to mount the cooler. The price will $50 plus actual shipping cost for each buyer. I am thinking shipping will be anywhere from $7 to $15 depending on location. I will have the brackets to the powder coater by Monday and hopefully by Friday they will be ready to ship. Price seems a little high for me but that's the best I can do. I have no real way of mass producing them. If you want one, send me a PM or email. I am making 5 at first to see how they go.

I did mount a 935 cooler to the mount and it appears to be strong enough to hold the cooler without additional brackets. I am going to mount the 935 cooler with the ports down, so as to get the most cooling area in the upper grille opening. I could weld tabs to the mount so the cooler could be mounted with the ports to the side but that puts quite a bit less of the cooler surface in the grille and a lot more behind the bumper. Here is a pic of the cooler mounted. The view is level with the front bumper to show you how much of the cooler is in the upper grille.

paod.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Nice bracket and mount of the 935 cooler. I'm in for one as well. Will send you a PM
Thank you for all of the work you have done to bring this to forum members.
302 Hi Pro

I have Rick, Grant (2), Black Boss and 302 Hi Pro for the first 5 brackets. I will have 5 more brackets ready shortly, once I get more rubber mounts. I will try and post more pics of the mount in the next day or so. Thanks, Mike

TMO Supporting Vendors