The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

any more yellow ones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

is yellow blaze completely finished? I dont see anymore on ebay. will they start production again later this year?

The sales manager at a local Ford dealership told me that they would resume Yellow Blaze at a later date. But take it with a grain of salt, afterall, it was a sales manager, not a Ford rep.

I haven't heard anything definitive.

GA
If you do the "Build Your Own" on the Ford web site, Yellow Blaze is no longer a choice. My dealer said that they wouldn't take one into stock unless someone ordered it (like me) since the color is hard to sell. They transferred my car from another dealer in the area.

There were only .86% YB in 2011, so aside from the Bosses I don't know how many other Mustangs were YB in 2012.

It's a damn shame the YB is gone. This is a color you have to see in the flesh to really appreciate. Most dealers probably didn't have a YB demo around to show. Pictures don't do it justice. I originally ordered my Boss in Kona Blue. So glad I got the YB instead.

GA
blazer1 said:
It's a damn shame the YB is gone. This is a color you have to see in the flesh to really appreciate. Most dealers probably didn't have a YB demo around to show. Pictures don't do it justice. I originally ordered my Boss in Kona Blue. So glad I got the YB instead.

Yes, it is really neat in the sun when you see orange fiery highlights. The highland green of my old Bullitt was like that too- looked much better in person. I checked the sticker on my door jamb and it was built in 6/2011, so it was probably one of the last runs.

98RedGT

2012 #552
As you all know I held out for YB for the longest time, my order was placed in Feb 2011. I can tell you that Ford Rep, my dealer and FCS all told me in September that if I wanted 2012 BOSS built to pick a different color as my order could not be fulfilled with YB. So I got one from a dealer that had it on hand. I would say YB is no more. Nice color though.

blazer1 said:

X2

I would even take it a step further and say that you have to see it outside in the sun to see just how beautiful it is. If I had not purchased a Black and Red LS, my next choice what have been Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat BOSS.

As of right now my girlfriend is looking to sell or trade in her Black 08' Mustang GT with
premium package, Roush Spoiler and GT500 rear air defusser for a YB Tri-Color or Black on Black w/ lava or blue seat inserts with 6 speed. The car is in excellent condition. If you are interested or know anyone that would be interested, give me a hollor.

GA
MrGT5oh said:
blazer1 said:

X2

I would even take it a step further and say that you have to see it outside in the sun to see just how beautiful it is. If I had not purchased a Black and Red LS, my next choice what have been Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat BOSS.

As of right now my girlfriend is looking to sell or trade in her Black 08' Mustang GT with
premium package, Roush Spoiler and GT500 rear air defusser for a YB Tri-Color or Black on Black w/ lava or blue seat inserts with 6 speed. The car is in excellent condition. If you are interested or know anyone that would be interested, give me a hollor.

I would say to your GF that if she really wants that YB to just trade her car in and go for it. It is tough to sell a car privately right now and the incentives are great on the new ones. Once it is common knowledge that YB is gone they will probably disappear quickly. I got a good enough trade on my Bullitt that I heard the dealer only made about $1500 on the resale.

Our in-town dealer has had a 2011 YB 5.0 GT in stock for almost a year - not a boss, but if anyone knows anyone who wants a YB car at what appears to be a bargain price, here's your chance. I'd be willing to bet they'd deal on the advertised discounted price of $29,500 as well. Just sayin...

http://www.redwingfordchrysler.com/new/Ford/2011-Ford-Mustang-Red-Wing-4aa32b0f0a0a006501f7d3b1ad047377.htm

I HAVE A YELLOW BOSS IN MY GARAGE FULLY LOADED WITH 400 MILES IN EXCELLENT CONDITON.NOT SURE ITS FOR ME WILL SELL FOR 46000.00 FIRM
BLAZIN BOSS

WELL WITH THEM NOT MAKING THE YELLOW ANY MORE AND SOMEONE REALLY WANTING THAT COLOR I'M SURE SOME WHERE DOWN THE LINE THERE MIGHT BE THAT SPECIAL PERSON WHO JUST HAS TO HAVE YELLOW.ALSO IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE STATE YOU LIVE IN I HAVE A GOOD FRIEND THAT PAIDED 46000.00 FOR HIS IN UPSTATE NY FROM THE DEALER, ITS ABOUT SUPPLY AND DEMAND.
PHIL

blazin boss said:
WELL WITH THEM NOT MAKING THE YELLOW ANY MORE AND SOMEONE REALLY WANTING THAT COLOR I'M SURE SOME WHERE DOWN THE LINE THERE MIGHT BE THAT SPECIAL PERSON WHO JUST HAS TO HAVE YELLOW.ALSO IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE STATE YOU LIVE IN I HAVE A GOOD FRIEND THAT PAIDED 46000.00 FOR HIS IN UPSTATE NY FROM THE DEALER, ITS ABOUT SUPPLY AND DEMAND.
PHIL

Dude..chill with the CAPS

TMO Supporting Vendors