The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any one tracking with 18x10 Drifts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Hey, any one have some time on track with LMR 18x10 Drift wheels ? Ya I know but the budget says look for savings. At 24 lbs. and $150 ea. hard not to look at. Looks like you will pay double to get to 21 lbs. or so. The stock wagon wheels are at 32lbs. or so.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I've been using a set for both track and street. There was some advice I saw online to frequently check the torque on them. It was something that I had to do early on, but I do that anyway. Seem to hold tight now.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Thanks for the input! Just wanted to make sure they are not sub par for actual track use. I'm ready to move to a track set up this season. So the 18 x10 Drifts will work. Now I'm really tempted to order a couple sets of the 285/18" Continentals on clearance and stick those on them. My original plan was some NT-01s 275 front and 305 back and just leave them on for the summer as I'm lazy.
But looking at the math 4, 18x 10 drifts $600, 4, 285/18 Continentals $440 = $ 1,040.
VS, 4 drifts @ $600 + NT-01s $1,162 = $1,762.
Might have to put my big boy pants on and bring wheels , jack and impact gun to the track.

Tulsa, OK
Like everyone else said, they are great for the price. I have two sets and haven't experienced any issues with them. I use Vorshlag 17mm lugs since the lug holes are so small.

Grant 302

JScheier said:
Anyone still have that code?

PM them in their SVTP forum. The code changes. 25 post min. to get the code.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/latemodelrestoration-com-416/
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/latemodelrestoration-com-416/882054-discount-code.html

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Domestic Product said:
4 drifts @ $600 + NT-01s $1,162 = $1,762.
Might have to put my big boy pants on and bring wheels , jack and impact gun to the track.

Thats the setup I went with for my track wheels and tires. As Drew stated the spacer isn't mandatory but man those wheels are just frogs hair from the Brembos so I ordered a set.

I use the 19x9.5 wheels for street and track duty, they have been great. No problems at all, no lug nut loosening, all good. And I think they look awesome.

I'm sorta not sure why people spend more for wheels given how economical these are.

Grant 302

Bob said:
I'm sorta not sure why people spend more for wheels given how economical these are.

Shedding unsprung weight is *expensive*! Even my used Forgestars were more expensive! Saving another 4 lbs. per corner is still hard to ignore.

I used them last year. 1/2 the season with 295/40/18 Hoosier A6's and the other half with 285/645/18 Conti GT-O's. A small hubcentric spacer was needed with the 295's. I had zero issues with the spacers. In-fact, I think the added track width in the front improved the overall balance of the car. I believe the 285 Conti's will fit without the spacer but it'll probably be tight (likley need to grind the sway bar end-link bolt at the least). I ended up running the spacers even though they may have fit without becasue of the (IMO) improved balance.

These wheels have worked very well for me at the track and they look great! I've considered buying a second set to use on the street.

Are you guys using the 18 x 10 +43 offset? My 19 x 9.5 street rims are +42 and I feel they're pretty close to the strut... I'd say just over 1/2", which is why I wasn't sure if the 10" +43 would fit. Thanks.

that's what I'm using... it's closer to the strut than it was with my 19x9.5 wheels... but seems okay so far.

Bob said:
that's what I'm using... it's closer to the strut than it was with my 19x9.5 wheels... but seems okay so far.

So I imagine you're on a 285 tire since another guy further up said he needed spacers for his 295's? Granted I run nitto's, which tend to run on the slimmer side, I'd really not want to do spacers without longer ARP studs. The stock may be fine, but I've just seen / heard too many horror stories.

TMO Supporting Vendors