The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any thoughts on the P2000 Hoosiers??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Those tires are so new, and right now so little info, that your question actually made the top 5 in google search....I heard some stuff about this tire, and if it's the one I'm thinking of it's a dry slick only in a race compound. The current SCCA stuff is technically a "street tire" because of the tread..yeah, I know, what they call tread, but that counts. I'm not sure who will be running it, or if there might be a penalty BoP, if you do. There's just not much there right now.
Guys are having trouble getting the As around a bank right now so, we'll see. I will ask around and post here when I know something.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just to update, I asked Hoosier and this is what they sent....

"Actually the G5000 tires are made with the R7 tread compound, while the P1000 and P2000 tires are made with a cold blooded tread compound(harder) tires which take 1 – 3 laps to come up to operating temperature."

"Both tires will offer extended tread life and consistent lap times."

"You need to run -3.0 to -3.5 degrees of camber and can run lower air pressure(cold – 22 – 24 psi / hot – 30 – 32 psi) on a 3000 lbs car."

OK, these are not the "new" tires Hoosier was talking about, and Mad Hatter, you are basically correct in your statement.
This is from Bruce Foss the director of circuit racing for Hoosier.

"Thanks, Rob! There is no “new Hoosier P2000” tire. I think what some one may be referring to, is the Continental P2000 tire which was spec’d for the IMSA Prototype Challenge(PC) cars that were obsoleted from competition at the end of the 2017 IMSA Series. They are available in two sizes; 320/650R18(approx.. 25.5x11.5R18) and 325/710R18 (28.0x12.5R18). P2000 Is a med./hard tread compound. Harder than A7 but softer than R7"

Seems a prototype car should run a softer compound, but those guy liked to double and triple stint their stuff so maybe that's why they're harder.

TMO Supporting Vendors