The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any way I can confirm my dealer's allocation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

From what I've read on the site, the dealership should be able to tell me what quarter my build is allocated to. However, the salesperson at the dealership has told me a few times that they only know their annual allotment. Anyway I can find out what their allotment for the quarter is? I'm just assuming that he's ignorant of the allocation as opposed to lying to me.

I don't understand how a dealer doesn't know what quarter allocation he has...but assuming that is the case, the factory Rep assigned to that dealer would surely know. Press your dealer to find out from him. If you still get the run around something may be amiss.................

They might be trying to game you, like if they have a 1st and a 3rd they might be holding out to see if someone will walk in and offer more for the 1st quarter one. I know a couple local dealers straight out told me that cars would be ordered in order by how much markup people paid on them.

CaliMR said:
They might be trying to game you, like if they have a 1st and a 3rd they might be holding out to see if someone will walk in and offer more for the 1st quarter one. I know a couple local dealers straight out told me that cars would be ordered in order by how much markup people paid on them.
They do have a gotta have it green one as their first order. Not a factory order mind you, one for their sales floor. That one I was able to confirm with jmbboss. I wish the factory order process was a bit more transparent to the buyer.

That is lame they are doing the sales floor one first when you have an order in, unless it already started production before you got your order in. But some of the local dealers refused to do special orders at all.

I got the runa around from Battelford ford. They said they could get me the Laguna for MSRP so I put money down , after about six months of being told they were waiting due to a back up at ford they told me they could only get 1 laguna and it alleadt sold.

They had a alotment of 4 Bosses 1 laguna. I started my search all over again and finaly found what I wanted the Laguna in black. I ended up paying a little more than MSRP but finaly got my car. I ended up buy from Cowles ford in Woodbridge VA. They claim their one of the largest in the country . Good luck getting your hand on one, you wont be sorry. I have several other toys that are jelous of the new boss

UPDATE:
I found out the fleet manager's email address and sent an email asking about allocation. Got an email from my salesperson that day saying that my boss will be built last week of April or first week of May. Sounds to me like they're trying to keep me on the hook, but we'll see if an actual build date comes out of it.

TMO Supporting Vendors