The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anybody have experience with these tires....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
GS328.png

http://www.achillesmotorsportsllc.com/gs328.html

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Never used them myself but some of the guys that are really fast at Global Time Attack swear by the Achilles brand. Hoosiers are their backup tire, lol.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
That's encouraging....how about the hankook C-91's?
Cycle out quick or worth considering?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Fabman said:
That's encouraging....how about the hankook C-91's?
Cycle out quick or worth considering?

Also no experience there, might be worth trying. I've stuck to Hoosiers in the past two seasons due to contingency.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
voodoo child21 said:
Where can you buy them and what is the price point. They have a 300/650-18 size that would be perfect for me but I can't find a dealer on the web to compare pricing to R7s.
Steve
http://www.aimtire.com/typ_category.asp?Unique=42567%2E6520023148&ObjectID=6923 apparently has them, although I haven't yet called to confirm.
The price listed is 375/tire which puts them on par with Hoosiers.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
voodoo child21 said:
Thanks Fabman, but at $375 per I will stick with the USA made, known fast Hoosiers. I read a few reviews on other forums and the word is they aren't quicker and may in fact be a tick slower.
I actually heard a different story, that they were tested back to back and went faster, lasted longer and we're more consistent than Hoosier and BFG's.
I also read a review on imoto that praised them. But so far I haven't heard from anybody that's actually run them.....which is why I'm here poking around.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
voodoo child21 said:
Thanks Fabman, but at $375 per I will stick with the USA made, known fast Hoosiers. I read a few reviews on other forums and the word is they aren't quicker and may in fact be a tick slower.
Screw it....I just ordered the Hoosiers.
Maybe next year I'll play taste test with tires but for now I need to have tires that I know will work.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Interesting..... The size is perfect but it would have to be about 40% less $$ then a Hoosier to be worth trying. Maybe next year we will have more info.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel