The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anybody named their cars yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They guys at work keep calling my car "Buttercup". Just wondering if others have named their cars, or if I should terminate them with extreme prejudice. I have noticed about 6 Mustangs in our parking lot from GTs to GT500s. The 2012 GT500 belongs to a guy I work with who is always drooling at my car. He keeps asking to take it for a ride, but I won't let him just yet until I break it in. I have officially diagnosed him with BE (Boss Envy). ;D

Real Boss men don't name their cars.

ArizonaGT said:
I dunno, but I am giving out free face punches to anyone who names their car Eleanor

Amen. I was going to call mine Jason since it was originally going to be built on Friday the 13th, but since it was built on Sat the 14th that won't work so well... Was thinking "Bruce" since he's "The Boss" but leaning towards "El Diablo." The vietnamese guys at work all call me Boss now!

64 Falcon = "The Pelican"
77 Dune Buggy = "Mad Max"
99 Super Duty = "Winchester Mystery Truck" since my friends say I'll die if I stop working on it.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Fat Boss said:
Amen. I was going to call mine Jason since it was originally going to be built on Friday the 13th, but since it was built on Sat the 14th that won't work so well... Was thinking "Bruce" since he's "The Boss" but leaning towards "El Diablo." The vietnamese guys at work all call me Boss now!

64 Falcon = "The Pelican"
77 Dune Buggy = "Mad Max"
99 Super Duty = "Winchester Mystery Truck" since my friends say I'll die if I stop working on it.
hahaha

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Dean#4AI said:
I had a few names for mine when I was installing the brake cooling hoses but I'd rather not repeat them. :-[
lololol

STIG302 said:
They guys at work keep calling my car "Buttercup".

Buttercup is a cool name for a yellow car. Just think about slicing through those corners "like buttah"! LOL!

Or, if you prefer, there is the Powerpuff Girl - Buttercup (she's the fiesty one of the bunch)! Although she wears green...
Buttercup.png

http://powerpuff.wikia.com/wiki/Buttercup

TMO Supporting Vendors