The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anybody normally carry much of anything in the Boss trunk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
I don't.

If I take a road trip it won't be in the Boss.

Just got some aftermarket rims for my car and think I'll take one of the OEM Boss wheels, mount and balance a tire on it, and now have a spare.

It seems as though the tire dealers do not carry our tires in stock. So if a tire gets torn up, the car is down until a replacement arrives.

Don't need to make sure it fits in the Boss spare tire wheel well. I will put it inside a spare tire cover (like those used by SUV's that carry their spare on the outside back of the vehicle), and just set it right inside the trunk on top of the carpeting. Don't have to mess with the tire compressor kit nor worry as to whether the spare fits over a Brembo brake. Ford sells jack kits to mount the spare.

As an added bonus, now the insurance company will pay to change out the spare tire.

Kerry.

Helmet, toolbox and other track related items.

Going to the track, the trunk is awesome as it swallows my tools, track bag and some spare parts. I have also hauled tires and other parts from here to there.

One of the deciding factors on buying the car was that it could hold stuff...only need one vehicle.

Well I have to admit my spare tire well is filled mainly with microfiber towels, polish, glass cleaner, paper towels, and other assorted car cleaning items , car detailing stuff !

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I dont just leave stuff in the trunk all the time unless I am going to go to the strip then it hauls the slicks jack and tools along with a small air tank plus my mustang tent and chairs along with the helmet and cooler fuel of drinks and bags of ice (for the engine)

I know about the tire not being in stock. I have the five year wheel and tire protection and shortly after I got the boss it got a nail in the rear tire. had to wait a week for a replacement. got old carrying around the little air tank to fill it up for the ride home in the afternoons.

Horseshoes, prophylactics, emergency blanket, Masters of the Universe Skeletor (in unopened box), powdered lemonade, ski boots, cough drops, garlic necklace and wooden stake, cheap sunglasses, "The Tick" DVD collection, Beatles White Album, Cottonelles, Magic Bullet, smoke detector, books concerning animal husbandry, hookah, framed pictures of me and my hookah, Union contract, buoyancy compensator, bag of whey protein and spare sock suspenders.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
max5ive0 said:
Horseshoes, prophylactics, emergency blanket, Masters of the Universe Skeletor (in unopened box), powdered lemonade, ski boots, cough drops, garlic necklace and wooden stake, cheap sunglasses, "The Tick" DVD collection, Beatles White Album, Cottonelles, Magic Bullet, smoke detector, books concerning animal husbandry, hookah, framed pictures of me and my hookah, Union contract, buoyancy compensator, bag of whey protein and spare sock suspenders.

What are you doing? :D

Mine typically only has the car cover inside of it.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
max5ive0 said:

...loading the White Album... :)

image_zps12ea7cd0.jpg

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
max5ive0 said:

Ok books on animal husbandry and prophylactics? I'm just saying ???

Tool Kit, Rain Jacket, Knee Brace, and a Cane. On a related note, non skid rubber trunk mat is one of the most useful things I have purchased for this car.

gremlinsteve said:
im waiting for some one to say a dead body or something...lol

We drive Mustangs, not Chrysler 300s, lol.

I typically have jumpers, electrical tape, Meguiars Ultimate Detailer, Meguiars ScratchX, bagged microfibers, pen, marker, post-it notes, first aid kit, paper towels, flares, spare quart of 5w50, trash bag, nitrile gloves, tire pressure gauge, bottle of water. All fits in a duffel bag so it isn't loose. Things in bold are what everyone should have, IMO. I should toss in a poncho, but the trash bag could be used if you don't mind looking odd in an emergency.

TMO Supporting Vendors