The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone bust their splitter yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesterday I hit the curb, ouch! Not too much damage but I wonder how long it will take until I hit a high curb and do some real damage. Maybe I need one of those proximity sensors for old guys with bad depth perception ;D

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
You need to figure out a reference point. I use the bottom of my mirrors vs. the curb. Another trick, if a car is parked next to the spot you want, is to look at the reflection of your car in their paint as you pull up.

Maui
Dallas_Dude said:
Yesterday I hit the curb, ouch! Not too much damage but I wonder how long it will take until I hit a high curb and do some real damage. Maybe I need one of those proximity sensors for old guys with bad depth perception ;D

Yeah I was thinking about the same thing. So far I've cleared most of the curbs.. if i'm unsure about the curb height, I'm just extra careful. I was originally thinking about getting steelmate sensors, but decided to wait b/c I want to install some other performance mods first.

I've been very careful and haven't hit anything...yet. I'm leaving a foot or two space just in case. I'm also being VERY careful not to curb my wheels.

Back her in 100%, twenty years ago backed out of a parking spot, hit a lady that walked behind me, knocked her down, lucky she was drunk, her husband had tried to stop her!

ArizonaGT said:
You need to figure out a reference point. I use the bottom of my mirrors vs. the curb. Another trick, if a car is parked next to the spot you want, is to look at the reflection of your car in their paint as you pull up.

I use the bottom of my mirrors on all my cars.

So far I have scraped my splitter on a steep drive and one parking spot stop thing. The car will clear the drive if I go .5 mph. The parking space I didn't have it in gear and it rolled a little :(. At this rate, I think I better pick up a spare one.

TMO Supporting Vendors