The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone done brake ducts with a 11-12 GT standard front bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
I looked at doing it when I busted up my front bumper/fascia, but I just didn't see any good way to make it work as well as the boss/cs fascia. So I spent the $180.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I've seen it done. The slotted parts on the outer sides of the valence were opened between the fins and the ducts were wired or zip tied to it. Wasn't pretty, but it should have worked.

Someone is selling the Vorshlag 13-14 lower grille bezels in the buy n sell...maybe you could get those to work?

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
SlowJim said:
I'm talking about the non-California Special lower fascia. I am on a budget and was wondering if anyone has jerry-rigged some ducts wiht the standard fascia? If so, please post up some pics. Thanks!
Jim don't take this wrong but being on this site and being on a budget are incompatible. Welcome and share pics of your modified bumper insert when you get it done.
Steve

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
steveespo said:
Jim don't take this wrong but being on this site and being on a budget are incompatible. Welcome and share pics of your modified bumper insert when you get it done.
Steve

Joker-billionaire-burning-money.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
SlowJim said:
Ha, you guys might be right. But if I had more money I wouldn't be driving a Mustang :)

Well, *I* like your logic in modifying a GT for relatively economical track use. 8)

My FakeR (Fake 302R) is built with a LOT of take-off and used parts...and almost everything new was bought on sale.

Now despite his post above, I think Steve can agree with that reasoning...right, Steve? ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel