The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone drive in sport mode at track or autox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
+1 for turning everything OFF! I was nervous the first time out without it, but once you get the feel of the car without the "nannies"
you wont go back! Go out slow the first couple laps and build up the speed. Same advice the guys gave me on here.

Flyboygsxr said:
Since we are on this topic...for the first time at my last event advance trac turned back on twice after I had fully turned it off. Can I pull fuses to ensure this never happens again?
I had this happen to me twice; the first time it kicked back on I almost spun out into a light pole near the track. Your ABS module is going bad. Ford will not be able to diagnose the problem if you do take it in. I tried and they said everything came up fine. Terry Fair surmised, since this happened to him as well, that at some point your ABS is jolted during a track event and does a hard reset mid run. The only fix is prevent it from randomly turning back on is to replace your stock ABS module with the BOSS 302R/S ABS module. It eliminates traction control all together. The down side is that you have a couple extra dash lights that won’t go out, like your e-brake light, and there is an occasional beep every 15 mins. Honestly, I never hear the beep when I’m driving on the street. It does give you more aggressive ABS parameters as well.
Here is where I found the module: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-2353-ca

jhayes84 said:
I had this happen to me twice; the first time it kicked back on I almost spun out into a light pole near the track. Your ABS module is going bad. Ford will not be able to diagnose the problem if you do take it in. I tried and they said everything came up fine. Terry Fair surmised, since this happened to him as well, that at some point your ABS is jolted during a track event and does a hard reset mid run. The only fix is prevent it from randomly turning back on is to replace your stock ABS module with the BOSS 302R/S ABS module. It eliminates traction control all together. The down side is that you have a couple extra dash lights that won’t go out, like your e-brake light, and there is an occasional beep every 15 mins. Honestly, I never hear the beep when I’m driving on the street. It does give you more aggressive ABS parameters as well.
Here is where I found the module: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-2353-ca
What's required to install this....I suppose if it's easy, it could just be installed on track days?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It's not a hard install, just kind of annoying. You have to remove your air intake tube and box to access the module, and there are some shroud pieces from the radiator that kind of get in the way. It’s do able for a track weekend, but honestly you get used to the lights and I never hear the beeps unless you drive with the radio off on the street. You won’t hear it on a track at all.

Do you need a special tune for this module? Or will it will work fine with the track key?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I was interested in the module, but had no idea where it was.
I will get the module before next season (along with spare rear pads!) and will probably be swapping it in and out for track events.

TMSBOSS said:
I am also interested.

Is there more than one version?

Differences, problems?

There is an older version that I read somewhere that doesn't trigger all of the lights. The issue is that it isn't made anymore and I looked very hard to find it. The one I linked earlier is the newest one for the 2011-2014 cars. It works just fine minus the extra lights. I like leaving mine in because you feel like you're driving a race car all the time since traction control isn't kicking in to prevent tire spin, that and it's not convenient enough to easily install, and I don't drive my car on the street as much. The only issue I've had with it was when I got stuck out in a storm and had to drive home on the highway with some worn out tires. I felt the rear end pulling at times since advance track wasn't on.

TMO Supporting Vendors