The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone else have this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys, I have a question for everyone: I've been driving my Boss quite a bit lately, and I have actually noticed that on my driver side, when looking at it from behind, my fender seems to be sticking out a little (compared to the door). I doubt that its panel alignment thing, because toward the bottom of the car and the top of the car, the body lines are lined up fine. But for the entire middle portion of the fender (vertically), it almost seems like it is bowed out a little bit, and sticks out. Is it a huge issue? no. Is it just a factory flaw? probably. But im curious if anyone else has this as well. Thanks! Pic:
10176198_10203388958422075_5229859371013592475_n.jpg

Haha I'm so particular, I can't stop looking at it! Is it just normal for some of our cars to look like this?

I have something similar, passenger door and front fender are not lined up perfect and like Rick said, it only bugs me when I look at it.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Its 6:20am,and I'm out in the garage looking at my fenders! This is going to bug me a little now. It looks like the rear is just flared out a little. Is that what your talking about? I need my coffe now and get ready to go to Mandalay Bay for my packet. See you all at the speedway

All of the sudden everyone is concerned about seeing an odd fender gap? Do you drive with your eyes closed so as not to notice to totally crap interior too?! ;D

Mine has the same problem which I explained in this thread...coincidentally yours also!
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=5528.msg84418#msg84418

Wonder how many people have been out checking their Bosses tonight...? The only alignment problem I have is the fender to 'A' pillar gap....passenger side is normal but driver's side is touching. Resisted having it looked as I don't want Ford messing with her. Other than that alignment is pretty good for a mass produced car.

Lol sorry guys! Now everyone else is looking at theirs too. I just notice these little things because the Boss has been my dream car, and now that I have it I look at it very closely. But it seems that others have this too, so...they can't be perfect I suppose.

arabbit said:
Lol sorry guys! Now everyone else is looking at theirs too. I just notice these little things because the Boss has been my dream car, and now that I have it I look at it very closely. But it seems that others have this too, so...they can't be perfect I suppose.

Well, our dream car shares chassis/body panels with $18k V6 mustangs :p

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
On a more serious note, there is a piece of unsecured NVH foam right behind there which may be pushing the fender out.

I only know because one of mine on the GT came out on its own. ::) no adhesive or pins to keep it in place. Just shoved in there.

That is true! I'll have to check that! And it's also a good point about the chassis and body panels. I've actually adjusted it to look better than in the pic, but I'm just going to have to deal with the little bit that still sticks out.

TMO Supporting Vendors