The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone else with Recaros have issues with them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I suppose I deserved that. ;)

I'm just not sure exactly what they are producing and for whom. From their corporate site...

Recaro said:
Aside from the production process itself, logistics, quality assurance and some industrial engineering are also handled at the production sites for car seats in Kirchheim/Teck (Germany), Auburn Hills (USA), Lerma (Mexico), Higashiomi (Japan) and the for commercial car seats in Skarbimierz (Poland).
http://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/company/expertise/b2b/research-to-distribution.html

Tob said:
Recaro has an operation in Auburn Hills, Michigan. I am not sure what they produce there.

I was there today, in Auburn Hills, attending a Child Passenger Safety Technician course. This is for inspecting child seat installations and educating parents on proper installation. Their child safety seat production is done right there. And I believe they mentioned the automotive seats are produced just down the road. The President of the child seat division came in to speak with us and mentioned that Recaro is very proud to be bringing more and more of their production home, with the exception of some of the soft pads.
Anyway, all employees of the child safety seat production are required to take the technician course. So I mentioned to one of them the problem with the Mustang seat, and he seemed pretty receptive, like he was going to push it higher. I dunno, but it might be a good thing. I'll keep ya posted!

also, while in their office, I ran across these seats
bemape9u.jpg
8esy2evu.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors