The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone going to the ford nationals in carlisle pa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I going to check this out for the first time this year. This is supposed to be one of the biggest in the US. I was going to show my car but decided not too and I'll do some shopping instead. Christmas in spring. Now all I need is to do practice self control.

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/events/ford-nationals/

i usually go every year but not this year as the wife will be out of town and i am on kid duty

are you shopping for the boss or another car?

reason i ask is most of the parts for sale are for older fords

you can show and shop plus if you show you get a good parking spot

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Cant make it this year I will be underway. I would show the car then you have good parking. the cost to pay to park and enter are about what you pay to show the car. Get there early though other wise you might not get to park in your area and have to park in the over flow. (happened to me when I took my boss last year ended up in mud.....)

I planned on getting there about 7:30 - 8:00. So if I understand this correctly, if you show your car you don't end up getting lock down for the whole day and you can leave when you want? I would do that, shop around see the sites, maybe have something installed if I find something, then head home. I just don't want my car to be on lock down for 8hrs.

racered302 said:
I planned on getting there about 7:30 - 8:00. So if I understand this correctly, if you show your car you don't end up getting lock down for the whole day and you can leave when you want? I would do that, shop around see the sites, maybe have something installed if I find something, then head home. I just don't want my car to be on lock down for 8hrs.

This will be my fifth time there...definitely pay to park on the show field and enter your car. You can leave at any time.

cbj5259 said:
This will be my fifth time there...definitely pay to park on the show field and enter your car. You can leave at any time.

I just finished signing up and will be parking on the show field. I guess I'll be doing some washing and waxing before then.

racered302 said:
I just finished signing up and will be parking on the show field. I guess I'll be doing some washing and waxing before then.

Its not a concours event...its peer judged. You would be surprised how many semi dirty cars I've seen there. I wouldn't sweat it. Hose it off that morning (if you can) and give it a detail spray over when you get to the field, it should be fine.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
cbj5259 said:
Its not a concours event...its peer judged. You would be surprised how many semi dirty cars I've seen there. I wouldn't sweat it. Hose it off that morning (if you can) and give it a detail spray over when you get to the field, it should be fine.
yeah I have even seen some dirty cars win....

That does make me feel better about it, I didn't feel like spending 10hrs polishing and waxing and detailing everything just to get bombarded for 2hrs by bugs on the highway. I think I'll just park it and come back once in a while to check for bird s**t. They like my car, easy target I guess.

racered302 said:
That does make me feel better about it, I didn't feel like spending 10hrs polishing and waxing and detailing everything just to get bombarded for 2hrs by bugs on the highway. I think I'll just park it and come back once in a while to check for bird s**t. They like my car, easy target I guess.

I dont have a problem with bird s%#t but as anyone with a yellow car can attest to...bugs think its like the mother ship. As soon as I'm done cleaning it they are all over it.

I will be there :) ... A lot of the cars that win are usually won because the car clubs that go there vote for the same person for each class. I know of a certain club that did that (fairly small like 10 or 15 people in the showfield) and all voted for the same people in their respective classes and 4 of them took home trophies.

NJ
Definitely can't even tell who's going to win there or why. People vote for there friends, some register out of class (nobody enforces anything), etc. Best thing is just not to care about winning anything. That being said it is a great show with almost anything Ford related in attendance. One year they had the SVO's parked directly across from all the Boss 302's and 429's, was awesome.

Bring some folding chairs, sunscreen, and some form of popup for protection from the sun/rain if possible. Ford Carlisle always has the craziest weather, usually downpours/thunderstorms followed by 90+ heat waves.

gsw166 said:
Can I just Show on Saturday, found out that my daughter soccer tournament is Sunday.

They'll take your money if you want premium parking, that's what I'm doing. Parking on the show grounds. I did take the advice of the others to bring a pop up tent for shade, luckily my bro-inlaw has all the goodies because he's been doing car show's for quit a few years. I'm not going that road though, to much prep and pomp for me. I just want drive it, not prep it and park it.

Seven years for me, second year with the Boss...I have a brother that brings his 73 Grand Torino also.

Long drive from KY but this is a great All Ford weekend!

See you Boss drivers there...no rain...no rain!!

KYBOSSLS said:
Seven years for me, second year with the Boss...I have a brother that brings his 73 Grand Torino also.

Long drive from KY but this is a great All Ford weekend!

See you Boss drivers there...no rain...no rain!!

No rain...that would be a first! Extended forecast has 40% chance Friday and Saturday, not very promising :-\

Leaving southern Wisconsin on Wednesday AM, making a long drive and stopping in and seeing a few of my old pals from the Saleen days on my way. Bringing one with me...he will be a changed man after this ride!

Arriving in Carlisle on Thursday afternoon. I will be rubbing elbows with Steve, Liz, and Molly Saleen over dinner on Friday night. Still have a soft spot for the Saleen Hot Rods. Not so much for his new endeavor, but the old fox cars still make me tingle.

Don't fret about the weather gang, these cars are not made of sugar.

See you there!

TMO Supporting Vendors