The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone headed to Laguna Seca this weekend to watch the race?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not going this weekend but will be there on June 16th for a track day and August for the historics with Shelby as the featured manufacturer. I might go in September for the Grand-Am race but I haven't committed yet. I'm also going to SP for the historics on June 3rd and probably the World Challenge race on August 24th. Let me know if you're going to any of those and we'll try and meet. Also the Lake Tahoe cruise on June 30th that Andy posted about.

I wish I could, but I don't think I can. I always go down for MotoGP and sometimes some other stuff, this weekend is just bad.

Want to go, but am going to most of the events Rick mentioned. I only get 10 days off each year, and the company makes you take 7 over X-Mas. ???

Let's hope for a better finish this round! By the looks of it the Mustangs need to find some more time out of their setups. Justin Bell has a lot of experience at Laguna Seca so hopefully that gives us an edge....

With the standing start in WC anything can happen right off the line. With a great start we can jump a position or two right off the bat.

Go Tiger Racing!!!!!!!

Welll...it was a rough weekend to say the least. Justin Bell moved from 1st to 3rd in points and Ford now trails Acura by 1 point. Still early in the season but we need a win next race at Detriot.....

Get all your World-Challenge action here : http://www.world-challenge.com/index.php

".......Cunningham started from his fourth-consecutive GTS class pole position in the No. 42 Acura/HPD/RealTime Racing Acura TSX, but saw Jack Baldwin’s No. 68 Voodoo Ride-Invoice Prep/Hot Wheels Porsche Cayman S get the jump from the second starting spot. It wasn’t long, though before Cunningham made the Invisible Glass Clean Pass of the Race to put his Acura back up front, a position he held from lap two until the finish to capture the first win of the new V-6 powered Acura in Pirelli World Challenge GTS competition.

“I was pleased we had such good speed at the start,” Cunningham said. “We were able to get a good run out of six. We went side-by-side up the hill and we touched a little, but we ended up in the lead there. From there, it was a controlled pace for a while. I could do my laps and still be nice to the tires. Then those two yellows, of course, we’ve been there before so we know what can happen. The first restart was great, and I had a good advantage after the first lap. Of course, then the yellow came out again. After the second restart, Jack was coming and he was doing a great job and pressuring pretty hard and I managed to just stay ahead of him to the checker.”

With the win, and coupled with the retirement of pre-race point leader Justin Bell, Cunningham took over the Championship point lead, with 602 to Baldwin’s 552. Bell was running in the top five in his No. 50 eBay Motors Ford Mustang Boss 302S but was involved in a heavy incident coming out of the last corner with Touring Car polesitter Tristan Herbert’s No. 33 HPA/RennGruppe/Brimtek/SG Racing Volkswagen Jetta GLI, which brought out the race’s final caution on lap 21. Neither driver was injured.

“When I came around and saw Justin in the wall, that was awful,” Cunningham said. “Justin is a good friend, and you don’t want to get points because the friend was in the wall so that’s a bummer for that team. We’ve had our days, too, so it was a good day points wise for RealTime and Acura and for the drivers points. We’re proud to get these points and carry on now to Detroit.”

Cunningham also set a new track record for GTS during the race, with a fastest time of 1:34.137 (85.585 mph).

Aaron Povoledo, of Toronto, Canada, finished third in the No. 26 CapaldiRacing.com Ford Mustang Boss 302S, passing the No. 34 Acura/HPD/RealTime Racing Acura TSX of Nick Esayian on the final lap of the race. Andy Lee brought the No. 20 Best IT Chevrolet Camaro home fifth.

Lee now sits fourth in GTS points with 502, 24 behind Bell. Michael Galati finished sixth in his Kia Optima and sits fifth in points, with 391.

Acura took over the Manufacturers Championship lead, with 32 points to Ford’s 31, Chevrolet’s 20 and Kia’s 13........"

some bad luck...for sure. but that's racing. the bosses look strong - on and off the track.
I got a chance to hang around the paddock before and after the race - a couple of the drivers (Justin and Aaron) walked right up and started talking to me...a couple of the team owner / managers engaged as well...and I spent (what seemed to me, anyway) the better part of an hour chatting with Mark Wilson and getting a guided tour or (and great insights into) the boss. Mark was unbelievably generous with his time...and everyone from techs to owners were super cool and enjoyed sharing some of the mustang love...very cool.

It's the least we can do to show our gratitude for your support both on and off the track!

Hope to see more of you at the track!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors