The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone in Chicago area up for coffee some time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeah sounds like a good idea. we are on Chicago time. I don't travel much to Chicago or thru it. once in a blue moon to the north side for a game. not a big fan of traffic and goofballs and with me added to the mix does not make for a good time for the wife lol

hey Kyle, will also try and make the last Cars & Coffee. Would like to catch up regarding the last track day a few weeks ago. I threw four "random misfire" codes that day which was rather frustrating especially when I had a Camaro in tow. He quickly passed when limp mode kicked in at 120 mph! Already had crank sensor re-set and latest track key program update so now moving on to the crank sensor o-ring TSB.

cosm3os said:
You should def consider getting a GT/TP. I ran flawlessly!
haha and I also need your track tire/wheel set up! Strange the track day I did in early Sept. was 95 degrees and car all day ran without a hick-up. Then nice and cool in the 60's and all kinds of code issues?? Going back to the dealer next week for the TSB crank sensor o-ring install but at this point will have to wait until next season to see if that fixes it.

Installed my sidepipes (w/o baffles) and washed the car today. I'm planning to get there around 745. I'll save a couple spots (look for the black gt). I'll be in the corner cafe having bfast with my son and a friend. You guys are welcome to join at 8 am. I'll be the tall guy with the bmw stocking hat on.

Likewise great to meet Kyle and Dean. As a newbie, thanks so much for sharing all the information about the car and "how to work on it". I really came with a bunch of questions and received all the answers and more....

Kyle, I will take you up on your offer to help supervise me when working on the brakes, etc. As well, contact me, as I would be glad to help out with working on your car....best way for me to learn is "hands-on". Thanks again for a fun morning - my son really enjoyed seeing the cars too.

John

cosm3os said:
Great to meet Dean and John! Tim, sorry you missed it.

IMG_20131027_094226_408_zps339b2d32.jpg
Hey Kyle, really sorry I missed it today, picked up a bad cold while traveling last week and slept in this morning. Very nice pair of LS's and where are Dean & John from?

Get better, Tim.

Dean came all the way from Warsaw, IN. John lives in Western Springs, so he volunteered to be our meeting place in the middle!! 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors