The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone in Chicago area up for coffee some time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosm3os said:
Nice to meet you, Tim!

IMG_20130929_091501_776_zpscdfb3a56.jpg
Hey Kyle great pic. and also enjoyed meeting you and your son! One interesting note, even amongst all the Ferrari's & euro classics our cars were still getting their share of looks. After you left I wandered back to my car and popped open the hood. I then walked across the street and sat down to observe. It was like bees to honey and within a few minutes there was a constant flow of people with their heads under the hood pointing and discussing the wonder of an american muscle small bock V8! At that point I walked back over and stood there for the next 1/2 hr. answering questions. Very cool!!

The Ferrari's (save for the classics) were the least interesting things there. The hotrod SL, Messerschmidt, SAAB Sonnet, M1, Morgan 3 wheeler, Invicta, and McLaren etc were all way more interesting to see.

cosm3os said:
The Ferrari's (save for the classics) were the least interesting things there. The hotrod SL, Messerschmidt, SAAB Sonnet, M1, Morgan 3 wheeler, Invicta, and McLaren etc were all way more interesting to see.
I couldn't agree more and took photos of just about every car you mentioned. The hot rod SL was one of my favorites!

It's going to be dependent on the weather. My wife wants to go also but I know what is going to happen when it is in the high 40's and windy. She is not going to want to walk around outside and look at cars. Never been to Winnetka, so I don't know if there is anything else she could do inside to keep warm.

What time do you usually get there, it starts at 9:00am, right?

Officially starts at 9, but cars are rolling in by 8. There's a nice little breakfast cafe right there, otherwise all the other shops are closed, I think.

cosm3os said:
Hmmm. How about "ditch the wife"?

That's the current plan! ;D
I really wanted to stay up there Saturday night and then go to the show in the morning. Since she's not going, I'll be leaving early in the morning and drive up there. It will be about 3 hours but there shouldn't be much traffic that early on a Sunday morning.

Dean#4AI said:
That's the current plan! ;D
I really wanted to stay up there Saturday night and then go to the show in the morning. Since she's not going, I'll be leaving early in the morning and drive up there. It will be about 3 hours but there shouldn't be much traffic that early on a Sunday morning.

Where are you, Dean? Fort Wayne?

mexicanstrat said:
Hey Dean you over in Warsaw, I live over in Valparaiso. If you do come up something let me know. The name is Joe.

Hi Joe,
Usually when I head to Chicago, I turn on 49 at Valpo. It's about an hour drive so I would be rolling through about 7am eastern. You're on Chicago time, correct?
I have no idea when I'll be coming back through though.
Sometime we'll have to get together.

Dean

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel