The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone interested in a 3 day weekend event at Watkins Glen (6/22-6/24)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just realized the online registration page requires a PCA membership #. What I'm told is if you are not a PCA member simply email [email protected] and cc: [email protected]. I need to talk to their webmaster about fixing the registration problem since PCA Potomac has now opened all HPDE events to all makes.

PTRocks said:
how much for the garages?
I'm not sure...they normally send out an email about 2 weeks before the event for garage rentals. I know instructors have first shot at garages before they are available to remaining participants. As soon as I find out more I'll post it here.

Hey PTROCKS...going to the PCA Potomac WG event? I'm trying to get a Boss count. Looks like at least 4 so far.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
ChuckP said:
PTRocks said:
how much for the garages?
I'm not sure...they normally send out an email about 2 weeks before the event for garage rentals. I know instructors have first shot at garages before they are available to remaining participants. As soon as I find out more I'll post it here.

$100 for 3 days - send email to Sally Herod ([email protected]) and she'll help you get on the 'wait list'.

New Nitto's just came in, gonna burn up the current ones at NJMP 3 days before. I'm ready !

Chuck, thanks for posting this event. I came across your post a couple of weeks ago and just signed up this week for the event. I also just signed up to this forum and now need to read up on track mods for my Boss. I have a 12 YB w/ Torsen, Recaro which I've had just over a year now. I went to track attack in April and had a blast. I only live about an hour and a half from Watkins Glen so I plan on taking my car out at least a couple of times a year. Look forward to meeting other Boss owners in a couple of weeks.

Hermes

Hermes good to see you here on BMO. I was the other Boss owner from NY at Trackattack with you. Have fun at the Glen next week, maybe we will hook up later in the summer. This one is a no go for me. Fred.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Too bad my schedule was not a week earlier as it would have been fun to at least come out and watch you guys. Will be there Sunday , July 1st for the Sahlens 6 Hrs. of the Glen. Any Forum members going, as it would be good to hang out with some of you guys!!

#12 , 2012 Boss 302
Bill P

Hermes said:
Chuck, thanks for posting this event. I came across your post a couple of weeks ago and just signed up this week for the event. I also just signed up to this forum and now need to read up on track mods for my Boss. I have a 12 YB w/ Torsen, Recaro which I've had just over a year now. I went to track attack in April and had a blast. I only live about an hour and a half from Watkins Glen so I plan on taking my car out at least a couple of times a year. Look forward to meeting other Boss owners in a couple of weeks.

Hermes
Welcome Hermes...looking forward to seeing you at WG!! PCA Potomac puts on a great event (OK, I'm biased)!

Hermes good to see you here on BMO. I was the other Boss owner from NY at Trackattack with you. Have fun at the Glen next week, maybe we will hook up later in the summer. This one is a no go for me. Fred.

Fred great to hear from you, Too bad you can't make this PCA event. From what Chuck says, it sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. I still plan to get to the Glen for their vintage race in Sept (don't have exact date right now). The Mustang is the featured marque this year so it should be a good year to go.

Welcome Hermes...looking forward to seeing you at WG!! PCA Potomac puts on a great event (OK, I'm biased)!

Thanks Chuck, let's keep our fingers crossed that we get decent weather. Look forward to meeting you, Pete, and sounds like Ron the Rocketman's going also. Be nice to see 4 BOSS 302's doing what they were meant to do.

Hermes

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
For those of you who get or have access to July 2012 Popular Mechanics mag, there a cool documentary story that starts on pg. 92 about a Boss 302, a Dad and his son going cross country in the Boss. There's a whole section on Watkins Glen... Gettin' me all amped up !!

Looks like we may miss heat wave at WG:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Watkins+Glen+NY+USNY1528:1:US

High of 79 sounds MUCH better than high of 95!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel