The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone interested in a 3 day weekend event at Watkins Glen (6/22-6/24)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck ,
Can't wait! Hans Warner will be joining us.A great guy! I am looking forward to seeing you! It will be a first ,in that I don't have to pay you for a good qualifying time! I am ready to go!
I tried to get Hamlin to join us but no luck.Make sure you get me a cute female student!

roketman said:
Chuck ,
Can't wait! Hans Warner will be joining us.A great guy! I am looking forward to seeing you! It will be a first ,in that I don't have to pay you for a good qualifying time! I am ready to go!
I tried to get Hamlin to join us but no luck.Make sure you get me a cute female student!
Looking forward to it! Glad it looks like we'll miss the heat wave. I don't handle student assignments but I'll put in a good word for you. I'm sure you'll get the PERFECT student...lol.

Looks like there will be FIVE Boss 302s at the Glen this weekend running in 4 of the five run groups including a shiny new 2013 SBY LS with about 400 miles on it. Gee, wonder who that might be. They put him in the uber-advanced red run group to run with the GT3s and Cup cars so I guess they figure he's fast..."rocket" fast! Looking forward to a FUN 3 days!! Will be testing out my new QStarz 10Hz GPS data acquistion device.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
The Boss will be very well represented and the weather looks pretty good too. Watch out P cars !!! ;D LOL

Here's an unedited clip straight off my GoPro of PeteInCT and me playing with the Porsches on Friday. Roketman is here with his new 2013 LS. FAST!!!!! He's probably running at least 10 seconds a lap faster than me and really annoying the P-Car drivers! Looking forward to riding with him today.

Hermes is also here with his beautiful Blaze Yellow Boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzW_8Ol9ijo

PeteInCT

Connecticut
I blew that last apex after passing that red car and u toasted my butt! . Thank u may I have another ? ;D LOL

Actually I was enjoying running with you but that white GT3 was coming up behind me so it was GAME ON. LOL!!! ;D

I love to see Bosses passing P cars with big wings and red graphics on the side. :D

That looks like a fun track but there sure are a lot of guard rails and walls there. :-\

PeteInCT

Connecticut
We'll have video soon. Still one more day of driving tomorrow! We've had some really fast laps and only the fastest of the P Cars can keep up. Rocketman and ChuckP are kicking serious butt.

Well I went out with Pete yesterday.His driving was excellent ! I was very impressed.Got him moved up to where he belongs in the advanced group.Smooth and fast is our boy Pete!
We have had an absolute blast at the Glen .And thats not even mentioning the off track fun!
I will have some videos to post soon .Had Hermes as my student.An x navy pilot.He has been an excellent student! I say he is hooked!The weather has been perfect.Already burned thru a set of Hoosiers.Couldn't quite keep up to the 996 cup car on slicks,but than again I can drive mine home and he can't! Anyway Pete is a funny bastard!

ChuckP said:
Here's an unedited clip straight off my GoPro of PeteInCT and me playing with the Porsches on Friday. Roketman is here with his new 2013 LS. FAST!!!!! He's probably running at least 10 seconds a lap faster than me and really annoying the P-Car drivers! Looking forward to riding with him today.

Hermes is also here with his beautiful Blaze Yellow Boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzW_8Ol9ijo
Wow looks like you guys are having an absolute blast! Fun video to watch. The RS that pointed you by....shame shame....but speaks to your driving Chuck, that's great! I'm glad you're having such great weather and hope you guys have a great day today again. Wish I was there!!!

I'm heading out with the P cars in a couple weeks at Road America, but will have to take my hiding from the GT3RS boys. There were 18 of them signed up at last count. I guess at 3+ times the price of the Boss, they should be fast. They are amazing machines 8)

roketman said:
Well I went out with Pete yesterday.His driving was excellent ! I was very impressed.Got him moved up to where he belongs in the advanced group.Smooth and fast is our boy Pete!
We have had an absolute blast at the Glen .And thats not even mentioning the off track fun!
I will have some videos to post soon .Had Hermes as my student.An x navy pilot.He has been an excellent student! I say he is hooked!The weather has been perfect.Already burned thru a set of Hoosiers.Couldn't quite keep up to the 996 cup car on slicks,but than again I can drive mine home and he can't! Anyway Pete is a funny bastard!
Hey don't make him too fast Ron in case he ever decides to head West ;D

How you getting home on those corded Hoosiers? ??? Did you ship a set out with Pete or something?

Yes he is a funny bastard......ask him about the fried chicken gizzards ;)

Wow...what a blast!!! I'm still smiling. :) A lot of the PCA guys are in a state of denial. Don't know how many times I heard "but it's a still a solid axle". Here's a few pics:
Check out the elevation...7 stories from lowest to highest point on track!
20120623_WGI_BLK_0512.jpg
20120623_WGI_BLK_0564.jpg
We arranged for 3 of us to go out in the same session. Roketman had to sandbag so slowpokes like Pete and me could keep up! The 77 Porsche is Rocketman's good friend Hans who going to school on him. I played caboose in the train with to GoPro going so I got some great video I'll be posting.
20120624_WGI_BLK_1077.jpg
20120624_WGI_BLK_1081.jpg

5 DOT 0 said:
ChuckP said:
A lot of the PCA guys are in a state of denial. Don't know how many times I heard "but it's a still a solid axle".
LMAO! Looks like fun.

Are you still using the AD08's? If so how are they working for you?
Still using AD08s and they are fine until they heat up and lose all stick (after about 15 mins hard running)...typical for a full tread street tire. I need to back off for about half a lap and let them cool. My tire guy is asking me to evaluate a new Team Dynamics Mustang specific design 18x10 wheel (same wheel all 4 corners) with R888 (he's a Toyo master distributor) 305x30 in the back and 275x40 front. Team Dynamics is in the UK and is the spec wheel for the British Touring Car series. The wheels are in transit from UK and due to arrive in about a week. I'll report on them after I give them a track test along with the R888s. I'll be getting one of the first 4 sets of these new wheels.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
What a GREAT 3 days ! Weather was perfect outside of a 5 minute rain that dried up just as fast. I'd say that the P Car boys were pretty damn impressed. If it wasn't an all out race car (Cup car) it probably didn't stand much of a chance against the Boss given drivers of equal experience. Chuck and Ron were carving up the track like clockwork. Chuck did amazing things with damn street tires. Ron's 302S suspension and R6's were insanely fast. Hermes did very very well for for getting into the sport. I guess if you can be a Navy pilot you can drive a car, eh ? ;D

Like Chuck said, "but it has a solid rear axle !" was a common remark. I also got "how heavy is that thing? 3620 !?!?". The power and balance combo going up the esses and down the back straight was absolutly amazing. Also speeds through the bus stop (it's a quick R/L/R turn while you are flying over berms just after doing 140+ off the main straight) were faster than almost any other car out there, period.

There will be many pics and videos posted as we get them all compiled, here's some great looking cars and some pretty scary looking dudes (L to R is Chuck, Ron, Hermes and myself). Ron does look sexy in those shorts though, doesn't he ? ;D

I will refain from posting Ron's 'special' pic as we had just lined up the cars, safe to say it would be reminicent of the the movie "Animal House". It truly was his 'best side' :eek:

IMG_2623.jpg
IMG_2628.jpg
IMG_2635.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors