The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone interested in a 3 day weekend event at Watkins Glen (6/22-6/24)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I had a problem with stinky brakes also at Watkins Glen but it ended up to be the smoked salmon that Ron brought to the track... :eek:

2012YellowBoss said:
Great pictures, thanks guys.

Rocketman, what did you start your front sway bar at, the middle?
Not to answer for him, but he started in the middle per my setup. He is running a 9" front versus the 9.5" I run so I'm guessing that's why he had some understeer with the middle setting.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
No dude - this is EAST COAST NY driving !!!! ;D Not to mention the lobster, crab & wine (no kidding actually).

OK trying to upload a video for first time. This was my back end getting a little loose through the esses which is probably not the best place to have the back end get a little loose. Can't see much in the video but you can hear it at about t 0:07. I think you can also hear the advance track kicking in to save my butt. Anyway I think I gave Ron more than a couple of grey hairs. Surprised he still got in the car with me after that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5uFI6zVP2o&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Hermes .It was alot more scary than it sounded! But a lesson well learned! You are a great student! I 'll take an x navy pilot any day as a student !
Gary is correct started in the middle.Than moved it to full soft.
Gary what is your brake set up?
Gary you would have had a blast with us!

roketman said:
DBA 5000 2-piece front, DBA 4000 rear
Hawk DTC70 front/DTC60 rear
ATE Super Blue/ATE Type 200 Amber (alternate between flushes)

Yes I would have! :'( You clowns would have had me ROFLMAO ;D

roketman said:
Gary is correct started in the middle.Than moved it to full soft.

Thanks, Gary told me to start in the middle but I misread his email and started soft. Running the square setup I was a bit loose first time out with the new setup. I will have to got to the middle setting and see how that works. Always great info here.

roketman said:
Hermes .It was alot more scary than it sounded! But a lesson well learned!
I bet you have student stories scarier that this one. :p

cloud9 said:
roketman said:

Gary, love the stopping power of the DTCs but I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 days on the front pads. Do you do better than that?

ChuckP said:
cloud9 said:
roketman said:

Gary, love the stopping power of the DTCs but I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 days on the front pads. Do you do better than that?
Nope, but they don't let me down either. It kind of sux to spend so much on pads, and not that they couldn't fail, but having peace of mind with a setup that's proven to work for you beats the heck out of a 4 or 5 figure wreck. I'm sort of if it ain't broke don't fix it with them at this point......

I get about 6 or 7 days on Hawk HT-10s on my Porsche. Guess the fact it weighs 1000 lbs (almost exactly) LESS than the Boss and the front pads are slightly bigger may have something to do with that. :)

Ok ,finally some in car video .Feel free to rip me apart!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQGJ_wb5tI4[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIlB0Ah-r2o[/youtube]
I really tried to keep up with the 996 cup car .But I couldn't argue with 1200 lbs less and slicks!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel