The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone interested in a 3 day weekend event at Watkins Glen (6/22-6/24)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I'm embarrassed to even admit I was there! For shame letting that white thing whip you ! We will need to send you to remedial driving school! ;D LOL

Kick ass driving dude! See you Friday.

roketman said:
Ok ,finally some in car video .Feel free to rip me apart!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQGJ_wb5tI4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIlB0Ah-r2o
I really tried to keep up with the 996 cup car .But I couldn't argue with 1200 lbs less and slicks!
Nice driving. It looks like you dumped Harry's Lap Timer. What's the new video setup?

Awesome vids Ron (btw: he was running Hoosiers on 19" Forgeline wheels)! I'll post a couple of vids this weekend to compare how an old man running a (mostly) stock car on full tread street tires can do. I noted that according to my GPS data, I'm getting about the same terminal speed before the braking zone for the bus stop even though you beat my butt lap time wise.

Ron, did you get a best lap time? Just timing some laps on the video I'm seeing around 2:15 - 2:16...nice!

I was at WGI this Monday and Tuesday. There were 5 Boss's total, 2 of them LS's. There was one guy there (sorry, can't remember his name) that I rode with that was getting 2:15's to 2:18's I beleive. He was on Conti's (Hoosiers) and running square. The car went were ever he pointed it! He was a very good driver! My times are a little slower than his! Well, maybe a lot slower. On Tuesday afternoon, we ran the Nascar short course. My best laps were 1:41 with top speeds down the back straight around 135. Had a lot of fun and learned a lot too! It was my first time on WGI at speed. On a side note, my highest oil temp was 240 and coolant was 205. Ambient air temps were in the 70's.

orng302 said:
I got a best time on Rocketman through the video he posted at 2:13.9 and a couple in the low 2:14's.
Just downloaded my QStarz data and found I was running around 2:20 - 2:21 with a best of 2:18.9 (chasing Roketman!). Best speed was 140.9 MPH. Pretty happy with that since I'm on full tread street tires and stock suspension (except for -2.2 camber). I getting ready to download Dashware and see if I can overlay the data on my GoPro video. Perfect indoor project this weekend while it's 100 degrees outside!

ChuckP said:
orng302 said:
I got a best time on Rocketman through the video he posted at 2:13.9 and a couple in the low 2:14's.
Just downloaded my QStarz data and found I was running around 2:20 - 2:21 with a best of 2:18.9 (chasing Roketman!). Best speed was 140.9 MPH. Pretty happy with that since I'm on full tread street tires and stock suspension (except for -2.2 camber). I getting ready to download Dashware and see if I can overlay the data on my GoPro video. Perfect indoor project this weekend while it's 100 degrees outside!

darn Chuck 2:18.9 on street tires, ... impressive!

darn Chuck 2:18.9 on street tires, ... impressive!
[/quote]
I'm 66 years old: the older I get the faster I was. Some people think all I should be driving is an electric scooter. ;D

ChuckP said:
I'm 66 years old: the older I get the faster I was. Some people think all I should be driving is an electric scooter. ;D

My grandfather is 91, while he doesn't race, he damn sure won't be caught in a slow car. He was looking to get a newer car but found that most of the cars he test drove were lacking in the power area and he would have none of them. He ended up just getting a newer Lincoln. VROOOM VROOOM. Age is only a number.

GA
06GT to 13LS said:
ChuckP said:

My grandfather is 91, while he doesn't race, he damn sure won't be caught in a slow car. He was looking to get a newer car but found that most of the cars he test drove were lacking in the power area and he would have none of them. He ended up just getting a newer Lincoln. VROOOM VROOOM. Age is only a number.

I hope that will be me someday. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors