The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone interested in a 3 day weekend event at Watkins Glen (6/22-6/24)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is a GREAT track to take advantage of your 444 (or whatever) horsepower. It also happens to be located in a spectacular scenic location. Cost is $395 ($235 if you are an instructor for ANY HPDE...you'll be assigned one student). I would love to have at least one or two other Bosses there to annoy the Porsches!

YES! I just got back yesterday from Track Attack w/ the extra day and I'm hooked. I think there is another NASA or SCCA event at The Glen this weekend but I can't make it. Do you have any info or a link you can post for the event? Thanks - hope to see you there

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
06mach1 said:
I see this event is just before the PhoenixCMR event, which I am attending that. Still would like to know how to join the PCA when I do not own a Porsche?

For that chapter pf the PCA you don't need to drive a Porsche.

PeteInCT said:
06mach1 said:
I see this event is just before the PhoenixCMR event, which I am attending that. Still would like to know how to join the PCA when I do not own a Porsche?

For that chapter pf the PCA you don't need to drive a Porsche.

I checked the Potomac PCA's website and it says to join their club you need to own or lease or are activily pursuing purchasing a Porsche. I must be missing something?

jim woodruff said:
Yes I am very interested in going.Who is putting on the event? I have just joined the group and this is what I am looking for track time and tech info. Thanks
Jim, nice to see you here and welcome to BMO.

PCA Suncoast and Goldcoast FL do not require membership or have fees to run with them. I guess it depends on the clubs but from what I understand very few clubs require membership anymore. Some of this has to do with the economic problems since 2008, at least here in FL. This is how HOD got in on the Daytona event in Dec. with the Audi club, they were unable to fill it up and were afraid of losing the slot.

Some PCA regions require you to be a member and some do not. Six years ago the only way you could get into a PCA event with a non Porsche was to get on a waiting list.If the did not fill they would let you in. If you want to join PCA and do not have a Porsche e-mail off line and I will tell you how. I am a firm beliver that you should be a member of the club you are running with and support them. best Jim and thanks for the welcome.

I just got back from the DE event at Mid-Ohio put on by the same region Porsche Club of America. Awesome bunch of folks. Novice and intermediate drivers get full time in-car instruction. The event ran over three days, and included eleven(!) 30 minute sessions. Yes, that's 5-1/2 HOURS of track time! It was very professionally run, by an army of volunteers. The flagging stations were fully manned, and medical assistance was on site. The club takes safety and driving instruction very seriously, with additional classroom sessions to compliment the track time.

There were three Mustangs there, including my Boss and an LS. Everyone was very friendly and encouraging, even if they had to give me the pass by more than once during a session. :)

As was mentioned above, the cost was 395$ for the weekend. In addition to Watkins Glen, there are other events, including VIR on Labor Day weekend.

PCA Potomac 2012 DE schedule

1336337590-random-pics-your-boss-302-dsc_0527small.jpg

1336337590-random-pics-your-boss-302-dmp_8320small.jpg

Sorry for the delay in this reply. Been away from the board for a while but I'm back! I think this should answer most of the questions about this event:

1. It's run by PCA Potomac Region.
2. You DO NOT need to join Porsche Club.
3. There are five experience groups. Open passing (with signal) allowed anywhere for the 2 advanced groups.
4. In most cases each instructor will have a single student. Students signed off to solo at instructor's discretion.
5. Classroom sessions and narrated track walk included along with LOTS of track time.

Click this link for the PCA Potomac DE site and then the schedule and/or registration links. Post of PM me if you have any other questions!
https://pcapotomac.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18&Itemid=38

OK Chuck ,I'm all signed up.Get me a garage please to share with you! This will be the first time I do not have to pay you for fast qualifying or lap time!Looking forward to seeing you.Are you staying at the New Hotel?
I promise to help you to bum out the Porsche cars!
Best regards,Ron aka Roketman

roketman said:
OK Chuck ,I'm all signed up.Get me a garage please to share with you! This will be the first time I do not have to pay you for fast qualifying or lap time!Looking forward to seeing you.Are you staying at the New Hotel?
Did the car show up today to go with the splitter ???

PeteInCT said:
Wish I could Chuck - I have an event at NJMP the same week.

- Pete - Are you going to NJMP (Thunder) this weekend?
The Motec in my Porsche just died (while getting into the trailer on Wed.!!) so I'm now taking the B302 for Friday-Sat.
Call me if you are going.
Lee.

cloud9 said:
roketman said:
Did the car show up today to go with the splitter ???
NOPE! You would have had a text or call!

roketman said:
Cool! I'll take care of garage reservations. Paul Weston will be there with his Cayman S so we'll need 3 slots...1 1/2 garages. Probably not staying the new hotel at the lake...will be using some Marriott points.

I should have my new 18" wheels and track tires by then so I seem to remember something about a Super Bowl wager and the loser taking care of tire changing for the winner. Gotta love them Giants...lol!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors