The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone Interested in a Little Extra HP for Their Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitely would go with a centrifugal rather than a PD blower on a Boss - get to keep the Boss intake and the STB and the power is much more linear rather than all at once.

That having been said, I just can't stand where they decided to relocate the air filter.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I am waiting for them to come out with a Novi 2500 kit for the boss. The kenne bell site has a boss 302 kit with a 3.6L blower and maxed the stock fuel system out at like 854RWHP. That kit requires cutting though

jec246

Rich_S said:
Definitely would go with a centrifugal rather than a PD blower on a Boss - get to keep the Boss intake and the STB and the power is much more linear rather than all at once.

That having been said, I just can't stand where they decided to relocate the air filter.

+1

Rich_S said:

I really don't think the placement of the air filter is a big deal. The air charge is being intercooled. Overall, I do like this set up, next question....cost??

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
AZBoss302 said:
Rich_S said:

I really don't think the placement of the air filter is a big deal. The air charge is being intercooled. Overall, I do like this set up, next question....cost??
my guess is 5700-6000 for the kit thats what the GT kits are going for

TMO Supporting Vendors