The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone know the history of this car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breaking this out into a new thread - PTRocks

Anyone know the history of 1ZVBP8CU8C5237129

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOSS-302-SPORTS-CAR-5-0L-V8-HOOD-STRIPE-RECARO-SEAT-SPECIAL-SHIFTER-3-73-LTD-SLP-/251035130176?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a72dc1940#vi-content

It says autocheck has four records for this car, may be nothing but normally you can get the report right on ebay and they seemed to have blocked that on this auction. It also has parts in the trunk, the seller has no rating and the seller writes this

With only one previous owner, this automobile is ready for you.The mileage represented on this vehicle is accurate.This is a smoke-free automobile.There are no signs of prior damage on this vehicle.There are no noticeable dings on the exterior of this vehicle.There is no damage evident on this vehicle.This is a garage kept vehicle.This vehicle has a smooth shifting transmission.All power equipment is functioning properly.The engine on this vehicle is running properly.This vehicle has no known defects.The exterior of this vehicle is extra clean.Extra clean interior. Absolutely no rips, odors or abuse.There is approximately 75% of the tire tread remaining.

Instead of a simple "no accidents".

1ZVBP8CU8C5237129 - Sold new in Montana on August 10 at Bitteroot Ford. I found 3 warranty claims in Oasis. All work performed at Valley Ford. My info doesn't tell me where Valley Ford is located.

August 11 - 500 miles. Driver side rear strut broken.
August 11 - 500 miles. Right rear parking brake shoes needed adjustment.
January 12 - 4783 miles. Trans overhauled. Stuck in 2nd gear. 2nd gear and syncro for 1st & 2nd chewed up. Bearing for fork shift in tail housing bad.

jmbboss302 said:
1ZVBP8CU8C5237129 - Sold new in Montana on August 10 at Bitteroot Ford. I found 3 warranty claims in Oasis. All work performed at Valley Ford. My info doesn't tell me where Valley Ford is located.

January 12 - 4783 miles. Trans overhauled. Stuck in 2nd gear. 2nd gear and syncro for 1st & 2nd chewed up. Bearing for fork shift in tail housing bad.

There is a Valley Ford Mercury in Tennessee and a Valley Ford Lincoln in California.

jmbboss302 said:

Thanks for the info, we need someone with a carfax account to check. I think the records they keep don't track warranty issues. It could be something as simple as re-titling the car but this one just seemed weird to me.

2012YellowBoss said:
jmbboss302 said:

Thanks for the info, we need someone with a carfax account to check. I think the records they keep don't track warranty issues. It could be something as simple as re-titling the car but this one just seemed weird to me.

I do believe the warranty repairs show up in carfax. What I didn't like about the ebay ad was the smiling face of the salesman!

jmbboss302 said:
I do believe the warranty repairs show up in carfax. What I didn't like about the ebay ad was the smiling face of the salesman!

Yea that was a bit over done ::) :eek: my store is not perfect but makes me appreciate the lack of this kind of stuff and a more relaxed atmosphere.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
CarFax is useless - don't assume it's at all a comprehensive view of the history of the car. I know this first hand.

PeteInCT said:
CarFax is useless - don't assume it's at all a comprehensive view of the history of the car. I know this first hand.

Very true but it could give some records of an accident on this car. Just like the rolled red Boss, I have no problem with a car fixed right but the seller needs to disclose the facts and not scam people.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
PeteInCT said:

In my experience, that is mostly true. Some accidents do not show up on CarFax for up to 1 year. And they only show up if the police department or the insurance company reports it.

If the vehice owner pays for the repairs with cash, nothing will show up on CarFax.

Also, Consumer Reports magazine ran CarFax reports on totaled vehicles in a junk yard and most of them had a clean report.

Also service history only shows up on a CarFax report if the dealer agrees to have their information posted.

This is a privacy issue allowing CarFax to poll a dealer's management and service history and post that information publicly, IMHO.

TMO Supporting Vendors