The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone modify the side exhaust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
CaliMR said:
I vote for sooner so we can get a video how they sound with stock headers ;D
sure thing send your donations to "lets have Justin test the 600 dollar side pipes" fund to his paypal account :) :) :)

No flex area you are correct. I have a couple more pics that are close ups. Thanks for posting that one by the way I have been trying to get that up this morning. See if this works.
IMG_5702.jpg
[/img]

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Steve said:
No flex area you are correct. I have a couple more pics that are close ups. Thanks for posting that one by the way I have been trying to get that up this morning. See if this works.
IMG_5702.jpg
[/img]

Steve: You URL is malformed. There is a link on photobucket that copies the correct tag to your clipboard, then you just paste it into the message.

Edit: Here's your URL fixed:
IMG_5702.jpg

Well that didnt work. I just sent them to you Justin. Maybe you can get them up for everyone to see. I myself was hoping someone would post a sound clip before I invested. I did send another email last night to Todd at Kooks and asked for one. I am not that far from the kooks shop and may have to make a road trip to test them out myself.

Steve said:
Well that didnt work. I just sent them to you Justin. Maybe you can get them up for everyone to see. I myself was hoping someone would post a sound clip before I invested. I did send another email last night to Todd at Kooks and asked for one. I am not that far from the kooks shop and may have to make a road trip to test them out myself.

Maybe they will let you test fit a set if you stop by? I did that with the exhaust on my old car, the guys who make it were pretty close so they bolted it on a couple and just let me rev it a bit to see which I liked. They would have to have a display one or something though, but you could call and ask. We would all appreciate it ;D

Those look interesting but I wonder how much different they will sound? I've chatted with the Ford engineer that designed our side pipes and I know they spent a lot of time designing them to achieve the sound they have so there is no drone. No drone was a top priority when designing the exhaust systems on the Boss and GT500 cars.

Steve do you have a photo showing a side shot of the openings?

No I don't have a photo of that. The kooks rep did get back with me and said he would be happy to install them on my boss and take some video for you all and post it online. I'm going to call him tomorrow and see if we can set it up soon. It will have to be worth my while to do it . It is 220 miles each way. That's a lot of gas and miles on the boss so he needs to give me a good deal. If I don't like them when there on I guess I'm just out. He said he would work something out but we will see.

Talked to my guy at kooks on the phone this afternoon. He is sending me a set of the side exhaust by ups. Should arrive on Tuesday. 220 miles each way is just too far for me to drive on my day off. I wasn't prepared to buy these right now but what the heck. Somebody has to be first right? I will do my best taking plenty of photos and video of the install. I expect a simple install. So at least everyone in the boss forum will be able to see how they look and sound. Kooks is wanting me to come to mustang week so they can show off my boss with the new side pipes but at this short notice I can't see how I could get the time off. Is anyone here going? If so be sure and drop by the kooks tent and tell them Steve Ford sent you and your from the boss302 group. Very nice guy name chris will be the head guy there. Maybe he'll give you a discount. If you already know your going let me know and i will give him the heads up. Im sure he would luv to showcase a boss at his tent. This will be my first video. do you think my iPhone 4s will do well enough. Anyway I'm doing this for you guys so I appreciate any input.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
thats awesome!!! cant wait to see some pics. I know I am going with there headers and h-pipe the jury is out on the side exhaust.

These are a direct bolt on replacement for the side pipes you have on the boss now. Just unbolt the ones you have now just like when you pull the baffle plates out and the bolt right on. The difference is the stick out where they can be seen. The NASCAR look is what they are going for he said . They are also bigger pipes so you get more sound than you do now. So you get a different look and sound.

Thanks for being the guinea pig. Let us know if it drones on the highway please.

I wonder if they would put a different tip on a set, I want regular slash cuts.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel