The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone purchase MMR's fully done head porting for the GT350 heads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Virginia
With claims on the site for up to 95HP increase with fully done all the "fixin's" heads anyone have real world observations?

TX
You won't find many proponents of MMR engine building services on this board. Too many bad experiences.

RPG has really nice porting services from what I've seen. The flow numbers are great.

I'd also recommend MPR Racing Engines in FL. Tim built my engine and had fix some head issues from RGR and I've been very happy. Top notch work from a family-owned shop.

Should also note - head porting won't get you much power at all on its own. The intake is the restriction, not the heads. You'll need to make some other investments while you're at it. My engine before I removed VCT made 540whp with long tubes, e85, catless mids, and ported heads. I detuned to 518 for a more conservative race tune on the VCT-delete motor - same heads of course

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Virginia
Good recommendations thank you.
At the same time, individuals have seen/recognized these type/level's of performance enhancements with the build out of NA heads. (?)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel