The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone running Goodyear F1 SuperCar 3Rs in the 325/30/19 size on a GT350, GT500 or Mach 1 with the Handling Package?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have thought about going staggered since I happen to have a set of virtually new " Signature Forged " wheels. With only 500 miles on them , I am thinking of selling them, and using the Michelin PS4Ss as my rain tires , since they also have about 500 miles on them. The wheels would allow me to put a 305 up front and a 325 in the rear, but since I already have 2 sets of Apex EC-7s I figure staying square makes more since. No offense, I assume you meant 305s up front since the Goodyear 3Rs don't come in a 315, or are you running something else?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Understood, I am really thinking I need to keep the PS4Ss on the Signature wheels, as they are a super tire in the wet, and I currently don't have a set for rain. Sell the wheels , keep the tires and mount them on my stock " Handling Package " wheels, and then I have 2 sets of sticky gumballs on the Apex EC-7s and 1 set for rain. Sounds way to practical, must be because I am getting older and more mature --- finally.

The PS4Ss are a great all around tire for the street , occasional track and they are even ok for an occasional autocross, but I don't recommend too much usage in that arena as they are prone to wearing the outside edge very rapidly ( autocrossing note, not necessarily on a road course ).

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
Understood, I am really thinking I need to keep the PS4Ss on the Signature wheels, as they are a super tire in the wet, and I currently don't have a set for rain. Sell the wheels , keep the tires and mount them on my stock " Handling Package " wheels, and then I have 2 sets of sticky gumballs on the Apex EC-7s and 1 set for rain. Sounds way to practical, must be because I am getting older and more mature --- finally.

The PS4Ss are a great all around tire for the street , occasional track and they are even ok for an occasional autocross, but I don't recommend too much usage in that arena as they are prone to wearing the outside edge very rapidly ( autocrossing note, not necessarily on a road course ).
PS4S do make great wet track tires. I use my street wheels with PS4S as my wets.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Beaver Lake
Everyone has a tire opinion based on application. Might find it hard to believe but I like 4S for 1/2 mile shootouts - very composed and since is near a flagged rolling start, I can count on them much like a road racer knows how sticker A7’s are gonna work on turn 6. Not uncommon to see the same set-up on a RS4 Audi running 188mph or an AWD Lamborghini busting 200mph. They feel solid for extended Straighline and Ford still offers them as the preferred tire at the Track Attack schools. Tires win races - I get it. If I was a corner carver, I wouldn’t use these -

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
True statement Yblehs , but the question was for information from folks that have been running the Goodyear F1 Supercar 3Rs and not necessarily about the PS4Ss. Like you , many find them a solid all round tire for street, track and more, including myself, but I am looking for a road course killer as close to equal to a Hoosier as possible. No offense but that was the initial purpose to pose the Goodyear 3R question on this thread.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No apology necessary , I was just agreeing with you that the 4S is a solid tire, but I was trying to find out about the 3R. Thanks for offering information, just not what I was looking for.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
DFW
True statement Yblehs , but the question was for information from folks that have been running the Goodyear F1 Supercar 3Rs and not necessarily about the PS4Ss. Like you , many find them a solid all round tire for street, track and more, including myself, but I am looking for a road course killer as close to equal to a Hoosier as possible. No offense but that was the initial purpose to pose the Goodyear 3R question on this thread.
Bill, did you get the 325 on your car? I’m on 305/30/19 3R running Apex 19x11, no spacers but fronts are different offset to allow the wider wheel from stock.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No, am pretty convinced from others they won't work on a Mach 1 as the fenders are different than the GT 350. Will go with 305s all the way around - thanks for asking.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Mirabel, Quebec, Canada
I would run a 315 , since I was running 315/30/19 Hoosier R7s, but there is not a Goodyear 3R made in a 315/19.
Bill, What Apex 19x11's did you get? I assume they are two of the SM-10's options below, correct? I wish they offered the EC-7's in these sizes, and not have to step up to the expensive EC7-RS...
  • 19X11 ET26 5X114.3 CB70.5
  • 19X11 ET52 5X114.3 CB70.5
  • 19X11.5 ET56 5X114.3 CB70.5
Im still undecided between a staggered 19x11 ET26/ET52, a 19x11 ET26/19x11.5 ET56, or a square 11x19 ET52 setup with extended +1inch studs and 1inch slip-on spacers in the front. I will be alternating between street/wet HP stock wheels (19x10.5 & 19x11), and the track wheels. The extra stud poke might kinda look nasty when using the street kit, at least that's what she said ... ;-)

The goodyears 305’s run as wide the r7’s in a 315.

im running 325/30/19 3r’s on my ‘21 500 all around but i cant give the backspacing on the 19x12 forgelines we’re running since its proprietary. We did run a 30mm spacer up front to see if we could run square but its sketchy with this much weight/speed/power/aero. Im also on mcs 3ways so i have more clearance

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Absolutely nothing better, imho, than MCS Three ways. We slapped them on a bunch of Viper ACR-Xs , removing the race prepped KWs from the factory and always got improvement for the driver. I had them on my Boss 302S and my fabricator and long time Penske fan dyno'd them and said they were equal to or better than the Penske's. Glad to hear you put them on your car, Tony, and thanks for posting ------ great to hear how much fun you are having !!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel