The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone running this clutch line bleeder?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
http://store.jpcracing.com/OEM-Clutch-Line-Bleeder_p_1801.html
Saw this while browsing. Wonder if it would be better to have over the vacuum bleeding method

I don't have one, but I think it's better than nothing.

I'll probably give it a try when/if I get a SS clutch line. Assuming it doesn't break or leak or something, I don't see the harm in trying it. You can always still do the vacuum method if it doesn't work that well.

George

Justin

I am just wondering if you can actually get to the thing. I barely could get my hand up there to put on the JHR line. Let alone a wrench.

VTBoss302 said:

I'll probably give it a try when/if I get a SS clutch line. Assuming it doesn't break or leak or something, I don't see the harm in trying it. You can always still do the vacuum method if it doesn't work that well.

George
IMO save your money on the clutch line. It didn't do anything for me.

Justin

5 DOT 0 said:
VTBoss302 said:

George
IMO save your money on the clutch line. It didn't do anything for me.
I got one, at first it seemed good then after 1 day it was back to crappiness.

Now if one is flushing the fluid out of the system....how to you get it out of the slave cylinder itself? Use the vaccuum pump and pull it out with that?

I built one but it requires you to pull the transmission out to put it in I am not selling them as install for most people would be out of line with cost. It does work but ultimately the last bit of air is still trapped in the slave and only a vacuum can draw that out.

The bleed point is in the engine compartment next to the reservoir.

DSCN2992.png

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
908ssp said:
I built one but it requires you to pull the transmission out to put it in I am not selling them as install for most people would be out of line with cost. It does work but ultimately the last bit of air is still trapped in the slave and only a vacuum can draw that out.

The bleed point is in the engine compartment next to the reservoir.

DSCN2992.png

Do you have a parts list for this mod?? I also do my own work. A Saturday afternoon with the boss and a few parts is OK with me.

Sorry no part numbers. I made the block you see in the bell housing. And custom ordered the brake line hoses. In the picture below you can see the bleeder screw mounted on the firewall next to the brake and clutch fluid reservoir. With the bleeder next to the reservoir it is easy to watch the fluid level while some pumps the clutch master.

bleeder1.png

TMO Supporting Vendors