The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone running this clutch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Centerforce DYAD Drive System Multi-Disc Clutch Kits

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CTF-04234805/Application/?query=Year%7c2012%7cMake%7cFORD&prefilter=1

I am reading quite about about timing issues with the OEM clutch at track speeds and scouting out products to fix
this down the road.

For what it is worth a lot of the people over on S197 forum have been having some pretty good success with the Spec clutches in their 3650. I would assume the same level of quality and satisfaction can be had with the MT-82

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
This is the clutch I am looking to buy to replace the stock one when the time comes. I have had there clutch in a previous mustang and it was great. It was just a single disc DF though but it worked great gave me now problems.

Sesshomurai

jeepinocala said:
What do you mean timing issues?

I don't have the posts handy at the moment, but I've read quite a bit that some people experience lockout/syncing issues with the OEM gearbox. Often at higher speeds, etc. I haven't tracked my car yet, but the clutch is very finicky and I can reproduce a lockout just shifting it back and forth with the clutch pedal down. So I'm planning for the worst later I guess. Hope I don't have to though.

TMO Supporting Vendors