The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone see the 2012 Laguna that sold on Mecum this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My bad. It had 185 miles. That makes much more sense.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=KC1213-176482

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Brandon302 said:
Ha, the guy probably payed 80k for it though.

The description says "one owner". The original owner paying $30K over MSRP seems unlikely.

Congratulations to the original owner for purchasing a car with such great resale.

four-walling said:
The description says "one owner". The original owner paying $30K over MSRP seems unlikely.

Congratulations to the original owner for purchasing a car with such great resale.

The hammered price for this 2012 Boss LS was actually $51,000. When the 7% buyers premium gets added to this car the new owner paid $55,105 for the car.

Based on this car not having a Boss car cover, trans cooler scoop, window sticker or most importantly the original Boss Owners Kit does show that these LS cars still have a strong following based on the price paid for this car despite not having all of the goodies that I would personally want to come with the car.

7500RPM said:
The hammered price for this 2012 Boss LS was actually $51,000. When the 7% buyers premium gets added to this car the new owner paid $55,105 for the car.

Based on this car not having a Boss car cover, trans cooler scoop, window sticker or most importantly the original Boss Owners Kit does show that these LS cars still have a strong following based on the price paid for this car despite not having all of the goodies that I would personally want to come with the car.

Typo - Hammered price was $51,500. Whoops!!

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
7500RPM said:

Yes, the LS cars are bringing a higher percentage of MSRP on resale vs. The non-LS cars.

That said, good luck finding any kind of Boss for sale in SoCal right now. They are few and far between.

Yeah. I'm driving the hell out of mine, but plan on keeping it below 20K if I can before relying on a daily beater. I'm at 15K now, bought mine used with 4,000 miles for 42k. They seem to be hovering 40-43K for those with more than 10,000 miles.

However! notice the 2012 with 3,000 miles listed for $39,500! Best Price I've seen for that low of miles.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?endYear=2013&zip=76118&keywordPhrases=Laguna&keywords=Laguna&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&mmt=%5BFORD%5BMUST%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&Log=0&modelCode1=MUST&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&makeCode1=FORD&startYear=2012&numRecords=25&searchRadius=0&showcaseOwnerId=64298695&captureSearch=true&Log=0

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
VWGTI123 said:
Just wait.... Time and attrition + Low Miles will tell the tale IMO.

A friend of mine collected 1989 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet slant noses. He owned 4, all with less then 1000 miles on each.

That was the magic mileage number. Have not had contact him for several years, but I think he picked a good car to collect.

And yes, LOW miles is the key. Enjoy the Boss and drive it...or park it. That is the dilemma.

I say drive it..the Boss will never be worth a ton, IMHO.

IIRC, very few LS went without ADM. Even if the seller got it for sticker, he lost money. He didn't lose as much as he would with most cars, but "holding it's value" only puts it in the same category as a Honda Odyssey. ::)

Drive 'em , fellas.

TMO Supporting Vendors