The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Anyone using OMP WRC-R XL in their S550? OR even an S197 (comfort?)

strengthrehab

TMO Race
Reaction score
I'm almost positive it will fit based on dimensions and measurements. I'm just looking at real-world experience in fitting it and any prolonged driving impressions.

67GTA

TMO Advanced
Reaction score
Any chance that there’s a retailer or race shop near you so that you could try it out? Sparco’s US distribution point is 45 mins away from me in Orange County - they have a small retail area with all of their seats on display. I went in thinking I had it figured out based on online measurements, and ended up buying a different seat with the guidance of their sales rep actually fitting me to the right seat. You may pay a bit more to support someone local, but IMO its well worth it to have a properly fit safety device like the seat.

strengthrehab

TMO Race
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I've checked locally as I have WRR in Austin, but they don't have that seat in the showroom. I stopped up there for my current seat and it fit well in the showroom, but after hour or longer drives, it is not the most comfortable at all. Sitting in one in the showroom, unless I sit for multiple hours, won't help with my reason for asking this question. I asked in order to get real-world comfort feedback (longer than a few minutes in the store).

strengthrehab

TMO Race
Reaction score
For now, I bought a set of Schroth Quick Fit harnesses for autocross. When I go to the track, I'll use a race seat and 6 point harness. This will allow me to drive to events in comfort for now, then get the more comfortable race seat later.

mikeD4V

TMO Intermediate
Reaction score
I have the OMP WRC-XL for both seats and they do fit but will slightly contact the door panels. My home track is ~75 miles/1.5-2hrs each way, and after a full day on track there is no issue comfortably driving home. The car is no longer a DD but I sometimes drive it for a few days straight with no comfort issues.

The seat cover material seems to be pretty durable and a lot nicer than lighter seats I initially considered. They're BIG, I'm 5'9" 190lbs, and may be moving down to the regular size WRC or using inserts. Waist size for these seats is 38-44.

Let me know if you want any specific info like measurements or pics.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel