The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone using OMP WRC-R XL in their S550? OR even an S197 (comfort?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Any chance that there’s a retailer or race shop near you so that you could try it out? Sparco’s US distribution point is 45 mins away from me in Orange County - they have a small retail area with all of their seats on display. I went in thinking I had it figured out based on online measurements, and ended up buying a different seat with the guidance of their sales rep actually fitting me to the right seat. You may pay a bit more to support someone local, but IMO its well worth it to have a properly fit safety device like the seat.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I've checked locally as I have WRR in Austin, but they don't have that seat in the showroom. I stopped up there for my current seat and it fit well in the showroom, but after hour or longer drives, it is not the most comfortable at all. Sitting in one in the showroom, unless I sit for multiple hours, won't help with my reason for asking this question. I asked in order to get real-world comfort feedback (longer than a few minutes in the store).

For now, I bought a set of Schroth Quick Fit harnesses for autocross. When I go to the track, I'll use a race seat and 6 point harness. This will allow me to drive to events in comfort for now, then get the more comfortable race seat later.

MD
I have the OMP WRC-XL for both seats and they do fit but will slightly contact the door panels. My home track is ~75 miles/1.5-2hrs each way, and after a full day on track there is no issue comfortably driving home. The car is no longer a DD but I sometimes drive it for a few days straight with no comfort issues.

The seat cover material seems to be pretty durable and a lot nicer than lighter seats I initially considered. They're BIG, I'm 5'9" 190lbs, and may be moving down to the regular size WRC or using inserts. Waist size for these seats is 38-44.

Let me know if you want any specific info like measurements or pics.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Orlando, FL
I have the OMP WRC-XL for both seats and they do fit but will slightly contact the door panels. My home track is ~75 miles/1.5-2hrs each way, and after a full day on track there is no issue comfortably driving home. The car is no longer a DD but I sometimes drive it for a few days straight with no comfort issues.

The seat cover material seems to be pretty durable and a lot nicer than lighter seats I initially considered. They're BIG, I'm 5'9" 190lbs, and may be moving down to the regular size WRC or using inserts. Waist size for these seats is 38-44.

Let me know if you want any specific info like measurements or pics.
Just saw this post. I'm in the market for a good seat and was looking at the WRC-XL (I'm 6'5" 240) , don't have any vendors that I know of here in Central Florida was wondering if you could a couple of pics of inside the car.

MD
Thanks for the pics. Any issues with installation/mounting? Could you give me a heads up on the seat brackets you used?
Planted seat mounts and brackets with OMP sliders: https://www.plantedtechnology.com/

The seats are wide so they may need to be adjusted inboard/outboard on the mount. Too far outboard and the wings will contact the door panel. Too far inboard and the bucket will contact the center console preventing them from sliding all the way forward. At your height, the door panel contact may be the only concern.

TMO Supporting Vendors