The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone using this brake bleeder?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was looking for a way to exchange my brake fluid. Pick up a little device that sucks the fluid out but this make more sense. Any thought?

http://motiveproducts.3dcartstores.com/0118-Black-Label-GM-Late-Mustang-3-Tab-Power-Bleeder-Kit-_p_104.html

I ordered it so, I still have time to cancel if this thing sucks.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I have a very similar model from Motive that doesn't have the pressure gauge. It works well.

I was making a rig today so I could use my shopvac as a vacuum source for a drain can/bleeder and in my search for parts I came across this. I liked this idea better. Gauging vacuum can get a little tricky when you use plastic.

I have two Motive bleeders. They work by pushing fluid through the system, as opposed to a mighty vac that pulls it through. I have one for the Mustang and another for the truck. They work well. I've had the one on my truck for years, and when I bought the one for the Mustang I also bought their little bottle that has a tube to contain the fluid being pushed through. That's nice to have as well.

There's two ways to operate one. You can use it solely to pump air while making sure your reservoir DOES NOT GO EMPTY. You stop and remove the cap and add fluid as required. The second way is to pour some brake fluid in the Motive bleeder and it will pump through at the same rate and you won't have to refill. This involves more pouring of brake fluid and cleaning the Motive bleeder with water and drying it out for storage. Pick your poison there.

One thing that you always keep in mind is the proper way to depressurize the system. YOU NEVER want to just unscrew the master cylinder adapter. YOU ALWAYS want to slowly open the lid of the Motive bleeder. This allows the pressure change to only cause some air to come out far away from any fluid that can attack the paint. Just wanted to point that out.

I use ATE Super Blue fluid in the truck and Mustang. By alternating between the blue and amber (Type 200) colors, it's easy to spot when your flush is complete.

http://www.raceshopper.com/ate_brake_fluid.shtml

A few years ago I started this thread at FTE showing the basic procedure.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/522003-brake-fluid-flush-made-easy-with-pics.html

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Fat Boss said:
I have two Motive bleeders. They work by pushing fluid through the system, as opposed to a mighty vac that pulls it through. I have one for the Mustang and another for the truck. They work well. I've had the one on my truck for years, and when I bought the one for the Mustang I also bought their little bottle that has a tube to contain the fluid being pushed through. That's nice to have as well.

There's two ways to operate one. You can use it solely to pump air while making sure your reservoir DOES NOT GO EMPTY. You stop and remove the cap and add fluid as required. The second way is to pour some brake fluid in the Motive bleeder and it will pump through at the same rate and you won't have to refill. This involves more pouring of brake fluid and cleaning the Motive bleeder with water and drying it out for storage. Pick your poison there.

One thing that you always keep in mind is the proper way to depressurize the system. YOU NEVER want to just unscrew the master cylinder adapter. YOU ALWAYS want to slowly open the lid of the Motive bleeder. This allows the pressure change to only cause some air to come out far away from any fluid that can attack the paint. Just wanted to point that out.

Sound advice. I've used the Motive bleeding system on my last 3 cars and love it.

TMO Supporting Vendors