The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone with a Boss had the front end creak crop up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
I noticed squeaks over speed bumps when I let the car settle in the front after going over one.

Hmmm. Looks like a trip to the dealer is in the schedule.

john

Ya, mine does it pretty bad, once the car's been driven for a while.
I'm guessing once the bushings heat up, they start making that noise.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
havent noticed mine doing it. as I say that I know it will start to now lol. I dont have cats anymore I wonder if that helps? at what mileage does it usually pop up? I have 16xxx miles on my car.

mine has been doing this also im not sure if it was the cause, but it started happening afte 2000 miles after lowering the car. im wondering if i take it to ford they will cover it since i lowered the car.

Bay Area
jfolsom28 said:
mine has been doing this also im not sure if it was the cause, but it started happening afte 2000 miles after lowering the car. im wondering if i take it to ford they will cover it since i lowered the car.

From my experience with other dealers and warranties they will not. Maybe if you lube the mounting points it might go away. Thats why I am putting my stock suspension back in to see what happens.

byronj said:
From my experience with other dealers and warranties they will not. Maybe if you lube the mounting points it might go away. Thats why I am putting my stock suspension back in to see what happens.

It has nothing to do with the mounting points, and more to do with the fluid in the hydro-bushings getting boiled. No amount of lube can cure it.

Either way, take it to the dealer and see what they say. Bring a printout of the TSB with you, and make it clear that you want evidence that it was your springs that caused the issue and not the catalytic converters cooking the fluid in the hydro-bushings. If they give you crap, talk to Ford customer service about it. This is a WELL known issue.

I'm not familiar with hydro-bushings. What is their function? Did they replace some other sort of bushing? (my heavy mechanicing days were a few decades back) :)

GottaBoss said:
I'm not familiar with hydro-bushings. What is their function? Did they replace some other sort of bushing? (my heavy mechanicing days were a few decades back) :)

Instead of the bushing being formed as a solid piece of rubber, it contains a void which is filled with fluid to absorb vibration.

TMO Supporting Vendors