The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone with Corsa Extreme Axel Backs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking for feedback on how these sound with the side exhaust restrictor plates removed. Too loud? Have read some reviews on them and seems they are drone free when cruising which is great. Just don't want to have my neighbors complaining 8)

I have these although have removed my side pipes. Also have long tube headers and off road H pipe. Love the sound however it is extremely load. And yes, likely it will piss off the neighbors, as it did one of my neighbors when I was loading my trailer once. When driving in the neighborhood I am very cautious to shift early and to not let the RPMs get to high where the sound truly kicks in.

LS110 said:
I have these although have removed my side pipes. Also have long tube headers and off road H pipe. Love the sound however it is extremely load. And yes, likely it will piss off the neighbors, as it did one of my neighbors when I was loading my trailer once. When driving in the neighborhood I am very cautious to shift early and to not let the RPMs get to high where the sound truly kicks in.

Thanks for the feedback. I imagine the LT's and off road H-Pipe probably cranks the loudness up a notch or two as well. I LOVE the sound today out of the side pipes, especially with the track key enabled. Thinking the less restrictive Corsa mufflers may take away some from the side exhaust sound....which will be a bit of negative in my mind.

Macker said:
Thanks for the feedback. I imagine the LT's and off road H-Pipe probably cranks the loudness up a notch or two as well. I LOVE the sound today out of the side pipes, especially with the track key enabled. Thinking the less restrictive Corsa mufflers may take away some from the side exhaust sound....which will be a bit of negative in my mind.

You are likely right it will not be as loud as my set-up. That maybe just what what you are looking for, getting a bit more sound, yet not extreme.

I was a day late on buying a set of Corsa's from a guy in La on craigslist couple weeks ago. My buddy has these on a 700 hp CTS-V. They sound amazing! No drone even with Lt headers with cats. Your in for a S*%Tload of weight savings over the stocks mufflers on your Boss. Believe there lighter than borla's as well. I ran Borla touring mufflers on my last Boss and loved them! They were same sound level as the stockers cruising, yet matched the open disk side pipes perfect a WOT! Get back to us on your thoughts on weight saving and performance.
Brian

TheSpungos said:
LS110 - do you have any clips of your car? Interested to hear just how loud it is.

Here is a short vid with audio. Likely not a great example of how loud it is as my mic is mounted in the trunk to avoid wind noise. I will see if I can find a vid someone else took from outside the car. This vid ends with me destroying 4th gear and shredding all the teeth off that gear.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Kknr0RODDRw&feature=vm

Thanks all. Ordered them from Summit Racing Equipment. Will post up my impressions after I get them installed.

LS110 said:
I had the same setup as John and it sounded perfect. I had the Corsas before the LTs and off road H pipe and the sound was a big improvement over stock. It's definitely louder but not obnoxious and no you won't lose the sound from the side pipes. You're going to be very happy with them. 8)

Completed the install of my Corsa Extremes last Friday afternoon in my driveway. The drivers side was a real PITA and ended up not being able to get one of the two muffler hanger prongs (closest to the axel pipe) properly inserted into the hanger's rubber grommet. Ended up slightly below the hole with no ill affect (I do plan to fix it shortly with the help of a friend). I didn't loosen the over the axel pipe at the H pipe connection as recommended (would have also had to disconnect the side dump pipe) to move it out of the way. I DID remove the stabilizer bolt and drop the bar, though that didn't help much. It's just too tight a space and you have limited maneuverability due to fixed nature of the attached muffler tail pipe. Passenger side muffler went on properly with much less struggle.

Sound wise, I'm very pleased. They have a deeper sound compared to stock and loud enough to let people know a V8 is approaching 8). The sound in the car's cabin is surprisingly quieter than the stock mufflers. When you get on the go pedal though, the sound definitely ramps up nicely. And when you use the Track Key and it goes into the lopey idle mode.....its even better sounding.

I'd recommend them to anyone who wants a deeper rumble to their Boss exhaust and no drone in the cabin. You'll also keep your neighbors happy.....as long as you aren't pounding the throttle through your neighborhood. Oh, and from the exterior looks, these are put together with quality in mind.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel