The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone with OEM transmission fluid having shift grinding in this cold weather?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm starting to get some minor grinding in third and fourth with all this recent cold weather. It improves after heating up so wondering if I should swap to Redline fluid or if I should just take it to Ford.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Did you try the XL-18 additive?

My GT did the same in its first winter anytime below the 60s or so, just til warmed up. Hasn't returned since even in 32-34 degree mornings. No problems on the Boss.

I'll read up on the additive. Thank you for that. In my last 2011 GT, I moved over to Redline and shifting greatly improved in all temps, but I'm not sure it's an approved tranny fluid by Ford.

TMO Supporting Vendors