AP Racing Big Brake Kits

Discussion in 'Brakes, Wheels and Tires' started by KBBOSS1086, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Swiss Boss

Swiss Boss TMO Addict

I'm using Pagid RST3 and I'm getting ~15H. And about 30H on the rotor, YMMV. For comparison I was getting about 5H for the same RST3 on the stock Brembo.

2. 67greengt

67greengt TMO Intermediate

15H meaning days or 20-25 minute lapping sessions? I usually get in about 4-5 20/25 minute sessions and about 4-6 days if that makes sense. I'm looking at the full AP Kit for the car, big 9668 for the front and the Stillen rear kit (I realize they aren't total race setup) but I want something to match the front and also want to get some more bite on the rear. I don't know anyone thats run their rear setup yet tho.

3. Surfergeek

Surfergeek TMO Race

I can’t give feedback on the number of days yet as I am still on my first set of pads and rotors. Went with Ferodo this time to try something different as I got a good price from the vendor when I bought the calipers at the same time. Have a less aggressive Ferodo pad for the street and a more aggressive for the track and I swap between the two. Have 2 track days and rotors and pads look great. Wear rates are much less than my 4 piston brembos. Amount of consumables used looks to be going way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Surfergeek

Surfergeek TMO Race

I looked at the Stillen AP Racing rear, it’s not really track centric and you may want to talk with AP Racing before pulling the trigger on it depending on the amount of tracking you plan to do. With the way the bias is set up the PFC bracket and 2 piece rotors from the world challenge cars seemed to be the better bet. I spoke with Cortex Racing on those and that was their recommendation hands down.

5. 67greengt

67greengt TMO Intermediate

Good heads up thanks! Its still a street car but next year plan to do 12+ track days. If I could get the J hook rotors that match to work with the PFC bracket that would be ideal... Did you notice your braking distances shorten up quite a bit along with the increased longevity?

twistedneck and Surfergeek like this.
  6. Surfergeek

Surfergeek TMO Race

Braking is massively improved.

I know the rotors don’t exactly match, but that doesn’t bother me. Race car life.

twistedneck likes this.
  7. Black Boss

Black Boss TMO Addict

I would always go with the wider caliper and the wider endurance pads, up front. AP didn’t initially have a caliper fitment for the GT350/ FP350S, but now they do (minor machining, special order).

Pads last way longer and the weight penalty is minimal.

twistedneck likes this.
  8. Swiss Boss

Swiss Boss TMO Addict

As in 15H total. Meaning if you only running 1H a day you'll get 15 days. I usually run 2-2,5H a day depending the group I run with, so 6-7 days for a set of pad.

twistedneck likes this.