The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Apex C7 18x11 Fitment & Tire Sizes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I have been reading all the info you guys have been throwing out and I am impressed with the knowledge that is shared. Thanks for helping us noobs from wasting our money.
I have a 2012 Boss.
I've been sliding around on stock rubber for five years, time to move on.
Here is what I have so far on the car.
Suspension: Vorshlag CC plates, stock struts & shocks w/Boss 5300T springs, Whiteline Sway bars
BMR lower control arms w/relocation brackets, Whiteline Watts Linkage, ARP studs all around, brake ducts.
Looking at the Apex C7 18x11's and a TW200 tire.
G-Force Rival 315/30/18 all around or Falken 295/40/18
Will the 315/30's work without massaging fenders?

I'm fine with running a spacer up front and additional camber.
I just don't want to cut the strut towers to get more camber.
Any advice where to get a quality spacer?
I do my own work to keep this hobby affordable(?)
I do drive on the street and autocross. Might give BIR a go.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
It'll be tight and I'm pretty sure that you'd need to run near the higher negative camber side just to make it fit. The 315 is a 12.6" wide carcass on the 11" rim so there won't be a lot of wiggle room. If you street mileage is much higher than your auto-X use, then you might have issues with inner front edge wear and may need really frequent rotation front to rear and running exactly 0º toe.

It's my opinion that any hub-centric spacer would be okay regardless of brand. I wouldn't hesitate to use something like Maximum Motorsport.

You'll also need clearance at the top sway bar links. Either cut the end, use washers to space it back or go aftermarket.

I have very limited experience with Rivals, but they seem okay for Auto-X though they tend to get a bit greasy when hot for track use.
Just copying my response from the other thread. Good idea to start the separate thread for more visibility.

And again, Welcome to TMO!

I would look at Nitto NT01's in the 305/35/18 size. Long time TMO member and all around fast guy @ls110 lives in Minnesota and goes to BIR regularly. Maybe you two can meet up sometime. He has a 2012 Boss 302 LS. Well sort of. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel